2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Good basic transportation
By PublicTrans-no more on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car seems to have been designed to be basic transportation with a few extra features to make you forget that. While the Cavalier may be a bit higher priced than its rivals in the same catagory, you can't find a better mode of basic transportation. The automatic transmission is a charm, seemlessly gliding through gears, and the 140HP engine pops when you need it to. The ECOTEC engine also sips fuel, my highway mileage is easily 38-40 MPG. How we ever got by without 60/40 fold down seats I'll never know, this feature is the bridge in utility that hatchbacks always had, and traditional coupes could only dream of...until now.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!
By FireBoy on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

FOR THE MONEY, WHAT A GREAT DEAL...RESTYLE LOOKS GREAT. MY WIFE IS A EUROPEAN CAR FAN AND LOVES THE HANDLING AND ROAD FEEL. VERY PEPPY AND THE MONEY WHAT A BARGAIN...XM RADIO IS WONDERFUL IF YOU ARE A MUSIC FAN....

Very blah car
By gambit on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

With a Cavalier, you get small size, Chevy styling, GM quality, and Buick handling. In other words, the worst of all worlds. To be honest, the Cav is not an awful car, just not a very good car in a sea of good competition. The styling's bland; if blending in is your goal, it may be for you. It was a mistake for Chevy to use a bowtie- bar in the styling; it doesn't fit well and looks awkward. The interior creaks and feels cheap. The engine is good, but the suspension is too loose. When turned, the car sways the other way. According to the figures, the Cav is GM's biggest seller. But those figures probably include rental and fleet sales.

Good for HS students
By vegetasyjn5 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has everything needed for a High School senior The sound system rocks i love the steering wheel feel on it. and the 60/40 split seats in back. the color is Graphite which next the the blue on the outside looks awsome.

Cavalier vs. Escort
By Koller85 on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After driving both models, Cheverolet Cavalier and Ford Escort, I have determined that Cheverolet was indeed the best buy of all choices of cars available to me at the time

Heap of junk
By marko on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

You get what you pay for. Broke down 3 time in 6 months. Major electrical problems.

The New Cavalier Can Move It!
By truegenius on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Having not quite driven 500 miles yet, I have to say the most impressive thing about the '03 Cavalier is the 2.2L EcoTec engine. It sounds good and, combined with the automatic xmission, moves very smoothly. I really feel the power when I get up around 60mph. My first Cav since '85, I hope GM has learned something about engineering. I like what I see so far.

'03 Cavilier
By ajpa on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently took delivery of an '03 Cavilier coupe. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent fit and finish of this car, both outside and in. It also has a peppy motor and a smooth shifting 5-speed manual transmission. The back seat is also very roomy for a compact car this size. I also got a great price on this car.

Lovin My Cav
By gabagooo on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2003 LS two door. I have racked up 1700 trouble free miles. So far the gas milage has been excellent. I love the sunroof and sound system. The car is easy to drive and park.

Buy Something Else
By basmartass on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The only reason I bought this car is because I could walk to the dealer and it was cheap. But you get what you paid for. The sales rep was classic; comb-over, tie tack, tried to engage in small talk. I hate traffic lights because it gives me the time to notice mis-aligned panels, cheap materials and poor design. I should have bought a Honda or Toyota.