Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Just Plain Great!
By Gurliej25

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have read other reviews about this car and it boogles my mind how people could dislike this car. I bought it with 6000 miles on it and havn't had a problem yet! I love everything about the cavalier, and am very dissapointed that 2004 was the last year for them. But i can gurentee I will always buy a chevy!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Ground Effects, Stereo, Rims, Color, dependibility!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe Euro Style Tail Lights

It's just a Chevy
By Still drives a Chevy

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Initially loved the cheap price I paid, but soon discovered it was a cheap car. No major problems, but a few things have broken including the a/c vent, seat, a few wheel covers, and the accumulator assembly had to be replaced. The CD player tends to skip if an entire CD is played, no matter how new the CD is. There is a lot of wind noise, you have to turn the radio way up when driving on the highway. Get up speed is good. The car is light and can be pushed around by the wind on the interstate. The car looks sporty, but you can't tell the year of the car by the outside unless you're looking at the front or the back. Inside looks like my old Corsica.

Favorite Features

Spoiler, ice cold a/c, price, black color

Suggested Improvements

I know the car has been discontinued, but I don't like that the cupholders can't hold water bottles without them flying away as soon as you turn. The cupholders make drinks get in the way of the a/c controls.

I made a mistake!!!
By Kelli

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something dependable. So I thought that if I bought a new car it would have to be right? Wrong. I am afraid to touch anything because it usually falls apart. I have had it for 3 months and I already regret buying it. My ac works good but I can't use it because it makes my whole car shake. This car feels like it is about ready to fall apart. It is comfortable once you get in and keep your hands of flimsy things. But the truth is its cheap because its built cheap. I wish I had bought a Honda. I am going to loose about $2000 for this stupid mistake! Oh and I have 2 friends with the same model and both of their engines blow up!

Favorite Features

CD player, emergency brake, rear end.

Suggested Improvements

better materials! Better cupholders! Better Engines

cavalier rocks
By six flags

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

No problems so far!!!

I love my car!
By ShandaW

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car about a month ago and I've had no problems with it at all. It gets up to speed real quick and it handles real good. I bought it almost new so the tires were still good and the interior is beautiful. The only thing I've done is put better speakers in the back.

Favorite Features

Cd player, A/C, dark interior

Suggested Improvements

Better speakers