Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

? my parents know
By Amanda Miles

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I am 16 years old and my dad treaded his f350 dually in for me to get my car! I love my car it has lots of room and everything!

Not bad for the price
By Skiidaho

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for a song 8999 after all the rebates and GM cash. Nice CD, tilt, etc. I have a Ford F150 Super Crew that is to nice to put so many miles on and the mpg is not so great. So I get the Cavalier and get 34 hwy 29 city. Delighted with the mpg. The car is kinda nice looking for the price. I added 16" wheels and 205 55 tires which made a huge dif. in the way it looks. Shifting is easy, ride is good, engine is above average. The interior is a bit cheap but so ways the price. These cars don't hold their value but if you plan on driving it for 3yrs or more so what. I look at it as a disposable car, kinda like a term life policy.

Favorite Features

MPG, engine proformance, looks, and price.

Suggested Improvements

What can you do at these cheap prices to improve a basic commuter. Nothing, you totally rebuild it and double the actual purchase price like 2005 will do.

none
By chris balasevicius

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I,44 year,s old I have driven pickup,s all my life but because of my job i now have to travel 160km per day and i find this car a pleasure to drive

Honda killer
By Zoltrix

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car expecting it to be a gutless stock 4 cylinder. I put a spintech exhaust on it and a K&N filtercharger. the only cars that have beaten me were other cavaliers. My best story is of a 96 honda civic with a turbo and NOS. we did the first run and i was expecting to be beaten ...he missed second and i was gone.....then the second run he said i was finished so we lined up again i got a little better start ..he missed second again but found it fast he was starting to pull up to me hit third i heard a terrible noise and he dropped back and i won again....later i found out he fried his tranny and had to drive home in second gear...

Favorite Features

power exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

seats stereo lights are dim

Cheap in more ways than 1
By replica48

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For the $9k I paid for the car, I wasn't expecting anything fantastic. For the most part, I was right. I've taken it back to have the horn fixed, along with the trunk lock. A tail light went out after 3 months. On occasion, the RPM's will drop to below 500 and come back up, and sometimes stalls, so I now have a new reason to take it in to the dealership again. When you put down the sun visors, they usually hit the rear view mirror. Installing an aftermarket stereo is VERY time consuming, as the whole dash must be removed. It's a good thing they're dropping the line in 2005. GM needs a new design.

Favorite Features

5 speed shifter is designed nicely, decent cargo space, exterior styling, affordable.

Suggested Improvements

better interior, less mechanical flaws, more user friendly design for upgrading.