Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Rides like a dream!
By mondiajo

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 130 miles daily. This car is fuel efficient (I get about 425-450 miles/tank of gas.) and it was inexpensive to purchase.

I bought a standard, because I can build quick speed without totally losing the fuel economy.

I would like to be able to lower the back seat without having to use the levers in the trunk.

Not happy anymore
By exchevygirl

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I only had my car for 10 months and it has been into a Chevy dealer twice to be repaired. The front brakes were grinding, the front axil squeeked constantly, the heater makes a terrible noise when its on and overall I am not happy with the Cavalier. I had an older Cav the had over 160,000 miles on it and was 10 years old and I never had problem with her...wish I kept that car.

Good value car
By TopD22

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's no Lexus, but it's a pretty good car for the price I paid 10K. Came with automatic tranny, sunroof, rear spoiler and cd player. Has pretty good ups for a 4 cylinder, and very firm brakes. Only problem I had was a burnt out right brakelight, which was covered by warranty and fixed in 15 minutes. Very good car when compared to the similiarly priced Hyundai Accent and Kia.

Gas mileage, solid cd player for a base entry level car, tachometer, anti-lock and traction control, brakes, pretty good traction on ice

better interior, no real comfortable seating position, no lumbar support, not very roomy, but not expected with a compact, no power windows/locks/keyless entry

Why I ove my car.....not
By TiffHalv83

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems this month yet. When I first got it back in May there was bubbling in the paint and had to have the whole car repainted. The back lights in the car tend to go out every month or so. Something about the bulb melts to the socket. I'm not lyeing....

My radio and the XM.

Add wheel well covers, they tend to get scratched.....and are very expensive to pay for if you back into a fence.....

read this:)
By squeakky131

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i bought this car in june and its been great since then. ive put 5k on it since then with no problems. engine is quiet but sounds healthy, and is surpringly powerful for a 4cyl. everyone seems to have gotten a good deal on their cavi's, im paying 18k including interest.. i got shafted and the car is def not worth that much! i get good gas mileage. sometimes feel that the interior was very cheaply made- like the interior door paneling is going to fall off when someone shuts the door. the heat gets VERY hot but when you turn it off its too cold..

daytime running lamps; good gas mileage; semi-sporty look; spacious back seat and trunk; defrosters, heat and ac work great

the long 'bowtie' bwtn taillights is HIDEOUS! placement of front cupholders blocks radio and temp control when drinks are there, seatbelt feels as if its going to choke me, heater gets WAY too hot. power windows and locks should be available on standard models