2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Good Car
By April on 06/12/08 10:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a few years ago and overall I have been pleased. I had to replace my fuel pump about a year ago. Also one of the window motors went out (still haven't fixed it!) the sir conditioning does buzz, but I've gotten used to that by now. My dashboard has cracked in 2 places, and I'm not too thrilled with that. The gas mileage is great though and my favorite part about the car! The cup holders are in a terrible spot. I don't know whose bright idea that was, but they need to be slapped. Overall, I have no regrets. It gets me to where I'm going effectively and efficiently.

Economy doesn't meet comfort
By Bri on 08/02/07 14:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for 3 years, and I'm just now trading it in. My husband is in the military, so it was easy to put 60k on it in that amount of time. This car gave me no trouble for 2 1/2 years, until the fuel pump went out. I wasn't surprised, as GM is noted for recalls. With an aftermarket air filter, I got 39 miles to the gallon in this car. The only reason I'm trading in is because we're expecting a baby, and there's no way a car seat will comfortably fit in this back seat. Moderate comfort for 2 people, but don't bother if you have a child or any friends to drive around. The front controls are horribly placed, and it's small. But all in all I loved this car. Very reliable.

Economical and reliable
By Maggie on 08/21/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with nine miles on it, so all of its miles have been mine. It's solid on fuel economy and roomy for a small sedan. I've had very few problems with it (an automatic window motor was replaced under warranty and I've had a tire and battery go, but that's been it). I have two small peeves: the back windows won't go all the way down, which my 11-year-olds hate and the temp control is right where your drink is, which means an extra step when you don't want to be fumbling with a travel mug. Other than that, it's been a great car thus far. I'm going to keep it until the 11-year-olds get their licenses--if I live that long-- so I'm taking very good care of the car.

Too Good To Be True
By HEID on 12/12/05 18:29 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I should have known the price was too good to be true, I love to drive my car, however that is when it runs. It only has 32000 miles on it, and is in the shop more than driven, and Chevy does not stand behind their work. I think itís a good starter car, but if you want a reliable car for day to day never ever by a Cavalier. Trust me I learned the hard way, and still owe 10,000.00 on the car

Wish there were no problems
By Denise on 06/29/05 15:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car has had some issues. My windows needed to be repaired two times under initial warranty. Make rear seat came off tracking and needed repair. My trunk latch has issues and needs to be closed several times before latching. With all the shutting, the spoiler has cracked and need to take it into the dealership. I got a nice blue color which I loved but the car has so many scratches, it looks pathetic. This was the first brand new car I purchased and have been very disappointed. BTW - wheels on sports model are VERY expensive to replace if a flat hurts rim. The car also uses special oil filter which some places charge an extra $10 to change.

Practical and inexpensive
By Hibiscus on 06/07/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with 9 miles on it and have put almost 17,000 miles on it since May 2003. It has great mileage, it's very reliable and seats our family of five in comfort. I've had squeaky brakes, but my mechanic says these Cavaliers come with brakes that have a high metallic content. They work fine, but make a funny sound sometimes. This model has had three recalls for small items: a computer chip was reprogrammed, rear lights were replaced and an emissions sticker was added later. This is an inexpensive car that's great to drive and has a terrific sound system. This is the third Cavalier I've had and they've all been very reliable since I got my first in 1986. I'm very happy with it!

A Great Car for the Money
By DanH on 12/18/04 13:11 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used for my daughter and she has put a lot of miles on the vehicle commuting to school. The car now has 43K miles and we have not had one problem! My other daughter has a 2000 Cavalier and it too is very dependable. Itís not a luxury car, but for the money, you get relative comfort and a well made vehicle. My brother-in-law has a 92 with 135K and itís going strong. My nieceís 88 had 181K when she traded it in. A lot of positive testimony!

cavalier rocks
By six flags on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

No problems so far!!!

Getting what you pay for
By Snookums on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with hesitation.I knew I didnt have the best car,but i also didnt expect problems from a new car.Such as...the visor is my biggest annoyance,stalls on occasion,floor matt on drivers side,electrical problems with two windows,blinkers,tailights and controls in the middle.Uncomfortable seats,loud A/C,cups dont fit in oddly placed cupholders. Worst of all, TERRIBLE PAINT JOB(if an acorn falls on my car it gets scratched)! I never knew of ANY car where a light in the glovebox was NOT standard! Nonetheless,i do like my Cavilier. Breaks work very good,gas mileage is awesome,nice look,safety features,radio/speakers,A/C,dimmed lights,performance.

nice car for the price
By tammyg on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i like my cavalier. i have had it for almost 5 months and it has been a very good and dependable car. it handles well and the pick up on it is really good for a 4 cylinder. i think the gas mileage is pretty good on it as i do lots of traveling. but i do a lot of interstate traveling and seem to be having to fill up just as often as i would doing in town driving. the car is very uncomfortable to be in for traveling though.