2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Love My Yellow Cav
By kimmy03cav on 07/01/11 08:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Cavalier. It has gotten me from A to B everyday since day one in 2003 when I drove it off the lot. When I first brought her home, I had numerous little problems, bad wiring harnesses that blew my blinkers out weekly, rusty roters that caused a pulsation, blew my speakers too but, In 8 years the only major problem was a fuel pump after owning it for 7 years and 110k. It's peppy for a 4 cly. 2.2 automatic. Best car ever! I lover it and I don't want to sell her but I need room for little ones.

lemon yellow lemon
By Kay on 05/10/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2003 and thought it would be a good car for my needs. I had it in for repairs 5 times under warranty and count fewer times since. Now it has headlight problems and turn signal light on passenger side blows out every 2 to 3 weeks. I would never buy a GM car again!

Drives well...when it drives
By crapaliergirl on 11/23/09 16:46 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I keep my cars in great shape - my previous car was a 30 year old VW in mint condition. This car - well. Under warranty: Bearings some sort of alternator shelf? catalytic converter Covered because though not under warranty, acknowledged problem: ENGINE (faulty block - if your engine goes - INVESTIGATE AND PUSH!) Not under warranty: brakes and rotors - constantly warps rotors within first 5,000 kms. $400 Fuel pump at 125,000 kms - although thousands of complaints, claim it's a "fuel supply" issue and not a fuel pump issue. Yes - apparently, by the thousands of complaints, it's one all over north America. nice one, GM. interior poorly setup - cannot use heat knobs with cup holders full.

Best Car Ever!
By Tonya on 04/21/08 08:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 7 miles on it in 2002. Since then I have pretty much driven the heck out of it. Had a rear light replaced and emissions sticker put on as far as the recall, but the only major thing I've replaced was the fuel pump. I'm pretty hard on cars, so of course I've had general maintenance work, including brakes....and maybe a tire or 3. This car gets great gas mileage, even with the A/C on. I drive all over, so I needed something economical. This makes my 3rd Cavalier. Previously I owned a 1988 and 1994, both were great cars. I will drive this car til it falls apart, since GM discontinued it. This car has been the very best. Plus, it's completely paid off!

Good for the money
By Anomaly21 on 11/13/07 20:42 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavaliers never claimed to be anything that they wern't. This car has over 90k on it and is still running strong. The only thing that we've done with it is replace the original battery and do the regular oil changes, air filter replacements and fluid checks etc. The ecotec is a low maintence engine and they are still using it in the Colbalts and the HHR's. Parts are mostly cheap, 14" tires are cheap. You're not going to get great performance out of it unless you mod it a little, monotone interior is no frills but all your needs are there. Cup holders are a problem, cups will cover your climate control & if you have the 5 speed manual, your going to be hitting your cups when you shift.

An awesome car at a bargain price
By Defendar on 06/26/05 22:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Cavalier. Also owned a 1988 and 2000 Cavalier. I bought this car fully loaded planning to keep it for a long time. Well losing my job forced me to take a job 107 miles away from home. So my daily commute totals 214 miles. At 88,000 miles I just replaced the fuel pump. I'm still on my first brakes and tires, even though both probably need to be replaced soon. This car has fantastic low-end torque. You can get yourself in trouble in no time at all, blowing away everything in its class and then some. Considering the cost, this car is a total steal and you can tons of after- market parts to make a look a billion bucks, for less than $20,000 overall cost.

2003 LS Sport Coupe
By Vanessa N on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I Love this Car!!! I traded in my 1997 cavalier, I was hard but this car made my transition easy. Some think spending $30,000 for a car make it better, not true. This car is so under rated it makes me very mad!

Isn't reliability supposed to be bad?
By Nathan P. on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

As I understood things I was told, when you buy inexpensive American cars, the ease of finding replacement parts was only good in that it offset the frequency of the repairs you would need. Not true. In 2000, I leased a Cav for three years, and didn't have a single problem other than a flat tire. I was happy enough with the lease, that I bought a new one in 2003. It remains an easy-to-drive, easy-to- maintain vehicle. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the roominess of the driver's seat. I'm 6'3, and big the other way too, and I have no trouble fitting into the driver's seat. I can even stretch my legs a bit without pushing the pedals.

Good Product for the Money
By Rebekah on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car is primarily used for vacations, weekend trips, shopping etc, not commuting to work. With the rebate the total cost on my car ended up being between $13-14,000. For this amount of money I think I got a great deal on a reliable vehicle. I've had no engine or mechanical problems with the car in the five months I've had it. But, the seats need to be more comfortable. My lower back hurts after a two hour drive. Also, the viser moves the rear-view mirror every time you put it down. That's a pain. I love the styling of the car outside and the power windows and locks. I think the backseat is nicely spacious for a coupe. Great stereo and air conditioning.

my first new car
By paraplocephalus on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car. It has great gas mileage and plenty of cargo space for when I go to college or to drill. It also has the torque that all chevys have to blow away those imports.