2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - The best $5500 I ever

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

LS Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

The best $5500 I ever spent
By joebloe1 on

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2002 4 speed auto with 60K on the clock in 2007. It now has 147K. It has been absolutely reliable with routine maintenance. With a set of Pirelli tires it handles great on our curvy roads. We average about 30MPG. Minor problems with outside mirror, sun visor and cracked dash. Apparently due to poor choice of materials, workmanship or design. The odometer works intermittently. There is apparently a bad connection. When you bang on the instrument cluster it works. The seats are really uncomfortable after a couple of hours. This is an inexpensive car that is very reliable. I expect to get well over 200K miles. If they still made them I would buy another.

Favorite Features

Handles great Good gas mileage Reliable Inexpensive

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of injection molded parts. Fix the instrument cluster The seats are torture devices soften them up a little Address the door seals, there is too much wind noise Add a dip stick to the automatic transmission. I refuse to believe that you do not have to check the fluid level on a routine basis. Relocate the oil filter. Having to jack up the car and remove the wheel to change the filter indicates poor engineering. Lose the air dam. The ground clearance is so limited mine was ripped off when I hit a bump.