2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: Good, but not safe

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Review

Good, but not safe
By 02Cavvy on

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 w/22K miles. I wrecked it just recently due to someone pulling out in front of me. I hit the other car doing 40 mph and it totaled my car. The frame was warped, windshield cracked, engine shoved back, but still able to go 5 mph to move it. I've had to replace the back left speed sensor (whole brake drum, great planning Chevy - not.) I had the engine mounts go bad, O2 sensor, etc. I had to replace the front bumper pieces and that was around $500 just for parts. Poor build quality, I had panels gaping in one spot and pressed tightly in others. It's a good car if you want good gas mileage and something reliable in winter. Don't wreck you'll be seriously injured.

Used engine bay space appropriately, easy to tinker with and add after market accessories. Easy on the gas pump. It's also a little sporty looking, so it's not too girly. (If you buy the sports package.)

Oil filter placement, better build quality, longer lasting seat fabric, and definitely needs to have better crash test ratings, but as seeing that they discontinued it, there's nothing that can be done.