Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Most Helpful|
Fantastic little car. GM girl for life
By Amy

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After having a baby in 2001, I was beginning to feel way too momish. I missed having a small sporty car and purchased this car new in March 2002. Loved the car from the very start, very comfortable and roomy interior ( rear-facing car seat fits easily in and out of the back seat), great handling, and quick/zippy performance from the 2.2L Ecotec engine. Unfortunately, I have a tendancy to drive my cars extremely hard and often forget about routine preventative maintenance (like oil). Oil was changed maybe 5 times. My engine siezed in April 2007 at 83K miles. I have since replaced the engine with a 2005 2.2L Ecotectand now running great. Even at 5 yrs old the interior looks almost like new.

Favorite Features

Chrome alloy wheels, trunk lid spoiler, ground effects, and fog lights give this car a great sporty appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Quicker power windows. GMs are notorious for having painfully slow power windows (when rolling up).

2002 z24
By ANAKIN50

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

excellent vehicle. the only bad things about it: dash parts (cracks with the sun light too fast), and the original paint job its too poor. but i love my z24.

Favorite Features

engine and transmission quick response.

Suggested Improvements

rear disks, better seats, audio speakers.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By GSTOCK8044

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got my cavalier in Oct 03. I handles wonderfully. My only complaint is it gets a little sluggish after 2nd gear.

Favorite Features

stereo/cd

Suggested Improvements

maybe the cup holders should be located in a different place than right under the a/c/heater controls. Not much room there.

Amazing Automobile, 9 years later...
By michael

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this brand new off the lot in 2001 and every mile on it is mine. 156,000 miles later, and I am thinking I will keep it for two more years and hope Chevy puts a gutsy engine in a Cruze SS. 150 HP and 150 lb/ft of torque make it fun to drive. Mileage is amazing - 32 mpg still! Bottom of doors and some other rust had to be treated, but such a reliable performer I am happy to do it. I am sold on Chevy for creating such an amazing car and engine. Does so much so well, and only cost me $16,000 new and fully loaded. Does go through wheel bearings, replaced window motors like everyone else, but again, is so good it's worth it.

Favorite Features

5 speed, sure footed, especially in snow and nasty weather, still looks amazing, sunroof, stereo booms, two cigarette lighters is great for gps and FM transmitter, map lights, never a time that i don't want to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

folding seat, dashboard cracks, some cheap plastics, fit and finish - Bought a 2010 Equinox for wife and GM has addressed issues that have plagued them for years. Chevy customer for life.

my black chevy cavalier
By janet english

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This cavalier is a great on road handling and is a pretty fast car. It has a lot of power for a small car, and is great on mileage. The car also has a great sunroof, tinted windows, and sporty chrome rally wheels. It looks like a little black corvette, except it is not as expensive. It rides more quiet than a vet, and is certainly better on fuel. The smoothe road handling and body style is what really impressed me.

Favorite Features

chrome sporty wheels, sunroof, tinted windows, cd player, am/fm stereo, auto lock, anti-theft alarm power windows, keyless entry, fog lights,

Suggested Improvements

larger trunk