2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews 8

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Dealer has my car more than I do!!!!!!!!
By mindyj on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have never bought this car. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! The dealer has had the car as much as I have if not more. Car stalls on me when I put it into drive.Dosen't happen all the time so they say can not duplicate it. Supposed to be fixed every time that I get it back but still have same problem. Power windows have gotten stuck. Cigarette lighter and power volt have both been blown. Say it was my car carger but it workes in every other car. Oh yeah they say a cigarette lighter is not the place for a car charger. Odometer light went out. Clunking in steering when I turn. Been to dealer at least 10 times.

Great Little Car!
By paintpony27 on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a stripped 2000 Cavalier - loved it but wanted more options so I traded up to a 2002 LS Sedan with power everything. Love it! Great gas mileage, cute little car, in Sanddrift color, hardly shows winter road grime or spring pollen! Upgraded my tires and curves are MUCH better now. Great handling ... I can hit country roads at 70-80 and rarely have to hit my brakes. Holds the road great in foul weather. Good leg room, my 6 ft husband can sit in the back seat comfortably! (Can't say that about most smaller cars!) The few times I have had to take it to the dealer, they fixed minor probs and I was back on the road in no time.

pretty good car
By jrc485 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Other than the fact that I had to replace the motor in the window after the first month of owning it and a couple other minor things early on, I'd say the Cavalier is a pretty good buy. It's been running great for a year and a half and doesn't look like a cheap car.

Chevy's It!
By Rad Tad on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The engine is sluggish, the imterior parts are cheap and break easily. It doesn't have much horsepower. It has more along the lines of grasshopper power. I wish I could trade it, but because it doesn't hold its value well I would be terribly upside down!

I love my car!
By wafb111 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car!

A big mistake
By TRFiona on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was a big mistake. It's been back to the dealer 9 times & is in need of another svc call. The check engine light was the reason for the trips to the shop & there were a variety of problems - 1 part was replaced twice because the replacement was defective. Now there's a brake problem, the engine makes odd noises & my Dad said the film that's always on the inside of my windshield is due to a heater core problem. This car's a lemon & the dealership keeps stringing me along. I regret the day I bought it & if I can ever get rid of it, I'll never own another Chevy again! Don't make the mistake of buying this car!

I Love My Car
By Beckie on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my car. It handles the curves real well. I get awsome gas mileage both in town and on the highway. It is a spprty looking car, but is big enough to ride comfortably in it. This car as a lot of get up and go. It's great!

Perfect for a first car
By mattdean on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great buy as a first car. Very simple efficient interior and great exterior looks. Aftermarket stereo's are very easy to install as well, no need to keep the factory deck in the car. needs some more performance that's the omly complaint. very easy to work on the car.

Very Pleased
By TrendEOne on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Much better handling than Cav's of the past. Very stylish lines, and the factory body kit is just enough. Surprisingly peppy for a four banger.

Lucky Cav Owner
By decentcavalier on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a year and 32,000 miles and absolutely no problems. You can't expect much from this car other than taking you from point A to B and it does it quite well. Don't expect great 0-60 times or cornering or anything to do with performance; this is strictly a commuter car and those who complain about it should be looking at other models. Great as a your first car, then move on to bigger and better things. Keep the car for as long as you have it financed because the resale value is crap, you will be loosing a lot of money if you want to get rid of it before time.