Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Good Car!
By Robert

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried that my car would be a poor choice with all of the poor reviews from consumer reports, but the price was affordable so I got it. This car has been great! Good gas mileage 34mpg avg., never has given me a single problem. Other than styling, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Reliability, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Styling, inside and out

300,000 miles
By contaucreek

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in 04. Drive 100000km a year and have about 480000km on it now. Odometer burnt out, dash lights burnt out, countless rear strut mounts,a/c failed first due to wiring then due to probable clutch problem, usual headlight wiring issue, does not burn a drop of oil, reliable like you wouldn't believe (touch wood)

Favorite Features

Comfortable to drive long distances

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the strut mount design, make more heat come out of the floor vents, usual cup holder issue

Super Great Car
By Gracie

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this car. Although it isn't fancy, it has done me well. I haven't any major issues with it. I did have to replace two of the power window motors, the starter and the water pump, but all together less than 500.00 in almost 5 years. Never had any sign of trouble, and it always gets me to where I need to go. I have taken it on several 1000+ miles trips with no problems.

Favorite Features

MPG, and the power features.

Suggested Improvements

Power window motors were made a bit cheaply.

Best car!
By kad44664127

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2012 for $1500 with 83000 miles on it and crank windows. started every single day without a problem. during a snowstorm i slid on some ice and hit another vehicle. got it fixed with parts from the junkyard and worked like new again. then i got bundle with an acura mdx hit a telephone pole and it got totalled. when i saw it for the first time after i expected it to look worse by the size of the car that hit me but it didnt look as bad as i would expect it to. was great on gas and cheap to fix. i loved that car as my first car and never really had to do any major mechanical work other than the accident. had 97000 miles when it did. i would buy it again no question.

Favorite Features

good gas mileage durable cheap to fix

Suggested Improvements

gas gage was a bit off always said i had more than what i actually had.

This Car Will Not Die
By smk92

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 14 months ago for 1500 dollars. It had 273,000 km on it and the only major thing that had been replaced by that point was the water pump (I know cuz it was my sisters). It now has 312,000 km on it and still running like a charm. I am now replacing the fuel pump because it just went but for a car with 312,000 I can't complain. I love this car to death and I will drive it until it dies. In the last 14 months I have spent maybe 300 dollars on it for minor repairs (sensors etc.)

Favorite Features

Love the manual transmission. Way better than automatic. This car kicks butt off the line and just drives like a dream, and has so much power for what type of car it is.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing I can think of except maybe the fact that the dashboard cracks in every single one of these cars. Haha. But thats nothing serious, like I said overall fantastic car. Good job Chevy!