2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
2002 Chevy Cavalier - Best car+value
By Jonathan M. on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car. I have had no problems with it except that the power window control panel keeps comming off. The ride is exceptional. And at a purchase price of $10,998 I can't complain

Good Value
By KJT on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice car with a great price.

it's a friday car
By Angry man on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car has already had some problems after a week of owning it. I had paint bumps on the trunk that I need to get fixed they are willing to do this but they can’t get me in until next week. The gears are really close together so I feel like I have to shift way to quickly, it wants me to go to fifth gear at about 32 mph. The preformace leaves something to be desired. I hope to add a K&N cold air system as soon as it comes out. Also the power window control pannel is comming out already.

Cavalier Nightmare
By mark0 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Low engine coolant light came on after 4 weeks... Crack in Engine block all the coolant drained into the engine and mixed with the oil. Dealer replaced engine. without car for 2 weeks. Then the alternator died at 3 months... Did anyone else have so many problems?

nice little car
By mike on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car couple weeks ago. Got over $4000 off the MSRP with $2002 rebate and a huge GM card earnings. So far it's been really nice to drive. The new 2.2 Ecotec engine is much better than the old 2.2 and 2.4 engines. Feels more powerful than most small car.

Cavalier is K-mart class JUNK!
By tony22r on 03/09/02 16:16 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Blown head gaskets after 36,000 miles. Electrical shorts/problems since new. Transmission & engine oil pans leaked like a Pig since new. Windows fell of their tracks. LOTS of squeaks, rattles, annoying sounds coming from engine, passenger compartment, transmission. In short, do NOT buy a Chev Cavalier! It is PURE JUNK!

180,000 miles & still going strong
By verysatisfied on 03/08/02 10:42 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

needed a car for commute of 110 mi rd trip. decided on 97 cavalier. bought in aug 97, have car 4 1/2 yrs, has all original parts (except for brakes & tires). car runs & performs today like it did when i drove out of the dealership, except for an a/c compresser which was replaced after 3 yrs. i do believe i've gotten my $'s worth out of this car & being that i still do the same commute today, i could see me buying another cavalier when its time to replace this one.

Great Starter Car
By Esmeralda on 02/27/02 15:20 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just graduated from college and wanted a car that was low in cost and nice on the eyes. The 4 door Cavalier LS Sport was the best I found. From the moment I saw this car I could not believe it was a Cavalier, I used to think these cars were so ordinary. Drives very well, and saves you a lot of money on gas.

Awesome Car
By JaredJon on 02/27/02 00:23 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Everything is standard. I added some cool effect like white face gauges, alumin wheels, xenon lights, euro tails....had a head on accident last week in bad weather...car frame did great and sustained no engine damage...did $6k to the body tho. That must mean it's a safe choice.

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport
By Dmagic on 02/16/02 10:42 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased the cavalier LS Sport Sedan. I must say that for the buck, this is a best buy! It has all the custom features most people want, available in factory make. The sound system is excellent, and puts a little bump in your ride. Considering it only has a 4 cylinder, the car has quite an amount of pickup too.