2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Good Cheap Car
By ooaiiau on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I made it through a lousy dealership and got an awesome little car. My only complaint is the power windows. Sure it could use more power, but I already knew i wasn't buying a corvette. For the price & what it is, this is an excellent and very reliable car.

A reliable car
By BTH on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's not a fancy car, but it was a good value and it is reliable. I have not had any problems with this car. I use it to go to work. For the money it was the best and newest used car I could find for the money.

Great Vehicle
By RandRJohnson on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We own a '98 Honda Civic, but we drive this car most of the time. It is a great traveling car, and is quiet and smooth. Overall this car is a great buy!

UNHAPPY
By WAS IT WORTH IT!! on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I JUST TRADED OFF MY WIFES CAV AND WE DID NOT GET BACK FOR WHAT IT WAS WORTH. THE CAR WAS STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY, AND STILL LOOKED NEW. THEY ONLY GAVE US 5000.00 FOR THE CAR, AND WE PAID 17,500.00 FOR THE DAMN THING.

cav review
By wow!!!cav on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

ITs is just awesome

my black chevy cavalier
By janet english on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This cavalier is a great on road handling and is a pretty fast car. It has a lot of power for a small car, and is great on mileage. The car also has a great sunroof, tinted windows, and sporty chrome rally wheels. It looks like a little black corvette, except it is not as expensive. It rides more quiet than a vet, and is certainly better on fuel. The smoothe road handling and body style is what really impressed me.

Good Car Nothing Fancy
By uneinc on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We're really happy with this car for basic transportation. The new engine for 2002 models runs great. The interior features have been upgraded too although the comfort level is still below average. I'm not sure why the Cavilier has such poor resale value. It's the second one we've owned with no major problems. It just runs.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By GSTOCK8044 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got my cavalier in Oct 03. I handles wonderfully. My only complaint is it gets a little sluggish after 2nd gear.

commuter car
By philnjean on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Poor brakes. I've only got 19K on this thing and the front rotors have already been replaced. When the antilock engages it makes a terrible noise and it feels like it's just rolling with no brakes. Dealer says it's normal. I can't believe brakes that sound like that are normal. Average fuel economy. Interior looks cheap, but car was cheap. Awful resale. Only one year old and it's lost half it's value

Dealer has my car more than I do!!!!!!!!
By mindyj on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have never bought this car. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! The dealer has had the car as much as I have if not more. Car stalls on me when I put it into drive.Dosen't happen all the time so they say can not duplicate it. Supposed to be fixed every time that I get it back but still have same problem. Power windows have gotten stuck. Cigarette lighter and power volt have both been blown. Say it was my car carger but it workes in every other car. Oh yeah they say a cigarette lighter is not the place for a car charger. Odometer light went out. Clunking in steering when I turn. Been to dealer at least 10 times.