2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Go ahead and get it
By JSawyer on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the Z24. The horsepower is enough to satisfy many. The style and comfort and great. My only complaint is that it tends to oversteer in a high speed corners so be ready. For Nascar fans thats "loose". The clutch has little feel but once you get used to it, it's not a problem. The engine has a great throaty sound. This is not an exhaust sound but rather the intake. The torque is quite impressive for a four banger. While the car is heavy the torque alone prevents needing to downshift. Need to pass someone just stay in fifth and press the gas. If you can find one of these cars take it!

Just Fine
By kggggd on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Never a problem, good economy, decent performance, great basic car. I compared Neons, Escorts, Focus and Civics. they either didnt fair as well or were priced too high.

Good Cheap Car
By ooaiiau on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I made it through a lousy dealership and got an awesome little car. My only complaint is the power windows. Sure it could use more power, but I already knew i wasn't buying a corvette. For the price & what it is, this is an excellent and very reliable car.

A reliable car
By BTH on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's not a fancy car, but it was a good value and it is reliable. I have not had any problems with this car. I use it to go to work. For the money it was the best and newest used car I could find for the money.

Great Vehicle
By RandRJohnson on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We own a '98 Honda Civic, but we drive this car most of the time. It is a great traveling car, and is quiet and smooth. Overall this car is a great buy!

UNHAPPY
By WAS IT WORTH IT!! on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I JUST TRADED OFF MY WIFES CAV AND WE DID NOT GET BACK FOR WHAT IT WAS WORTH. THE CAR WAS STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY, AND STILL LOOKED NEW. THEY ONLY GAVE US 5000.00 FOR THE CAR, AND WE PAID 17,500.00 FOR THE DAMN THING.

cav review
By wow!!!cav on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

ITs is just awesome

my black chevy cavalier
By janet english on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This cavalier is a great on road handling and is a pretty fast car. It has a lot of power for a small car, and is great on mileage. The car also has a great sunroof, tinted windows, and sporty chrome rally wheels. It looks like a little black corvette, except it is not as expensive. It rides more quiet than a vet, and is certainly better on fuel. The smoothe road handling and body style is what really impressed me.

Good Car Nothing Fancy
By uneinc on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We're really happy with this car for basic transportation. The new engine for 2002 models runs great. The interior features have been upgraded too although the comfort level is still below average. I'm not sure why the Cavilier has such poor resale value. It's the second one we've owned with no major problems. It just runs.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By GSTOCK8044 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got my cavalier in Oct 03. I handles wonderfully. My only complaint is it gets a little sluggish after 2nd gear.