2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Way better then expected
By Grizzly1 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I first had a 1995 Ford Escort LX, then went to the '02 Z24. I've had the car for about 7 months now. I love this car! I'm getting the same fuel economy or better then the escort. This is WAAAY more reliable than the Ford. I had to take the my Ford to the shop way too many times to count. I have had no problems with the car. My only complaint are the interior is not as big as expected, but still plenty for me and 3 other people.

Great car!
By Tomas P. on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm more than satisfied with this car. It's just a car, without any unnecessary think.

Cavalier "The Best"
By car man on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great performance, very comfortable, lots of leg room

Mixed Feelings on the 2002 Z24
By weethecherokee on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went from a '98 Ford Contour Sport to a '02 Z24 Sedan. Right away the poor quality of the interior was appearant. It is really plain. Road noise is pretty bad. Have had the car in the shop 4 times in 6 months. 1st time was the second week of ownership. The car is peppy compared to the contour, but the ride and handling pale in comparison. Not sure how the car will hold up over the long haul. Got the ext warranty to 75,000 just in case. The car has a nice sporty look from the outside. Also, the gas milage stinks for a 4 cyl!!! About 16-20 city & 23-26 hwy. I think the brakes will need to be replaced soon, after only 10k, they are getting soft.

Well, you get what you paid for....
By Violette on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Yes I will be zipping around but I've had my problems. The car has already had the computer replaced, about 3,000 miles ago, that dealership at FL-GA border - do not recommend - took 6 hours to locate a rental and was given "tips" by others who got their car in record speed. My dealership, however explains well and is very friendly/helpful, even though they can't find the "new" problem yet.

Ups and Downs
By Amoore on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wow my car is a month old, and well Its been in the shop for 2 weeks of the month I have owned it, this is not looking good. It had no problems in the first 200 miles, but after that, the transmission has been torn apart twice now to get things fixed, Valves and things I have never heard of. If you get lucky and have no problems enjoy it.

Great Buy For What You Get
By Thomas H. on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice little car with more interior room than I would have thought. It is fun to drive and I have had no problems whatsoever with it. I would not recommend this car to a person who is looking at Cadillacs or more expensive vehicles, but would for someone looking for a nice, inexpensive new car.

2000 Cavalier is junk
By KPoole on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After only 2 years, Already have major engine problems. Vehicle began overheating and cutting off when idle. Returned to dealship and mechanics believe new engine is needed. They claim I am responsible. The back seat is also coming out. This vehicle was a bad investment. I now have negative equity in this vehicle. It is absolutely worthless.

2002 Chevy Cavalier - Best car+value
By Jonathan M. on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car. I have had no problems with it except that the power window control panel keeps comming off. The ride is exceptional. And at a purchase price of $10,998 I can't complain

Good Value
By KJT on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice car with a great price.