2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Good Car!
By Robert on 10/31/05 15:21 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried that my car would be a poor choice with all of the poor reviews from consumer reports, but the price was affordable so I got it. This car has been great! Good gas mileage 34mpg avg., never has given me a single problem. Other than styling, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Nice little economy car
By ron on 09/20/05 17:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Have 22,000 km on and have done 4 oil changes. That is all I have spent on this car. Would recomend it to anyone

Not a bad little car
By getelimi on 07/24/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Cavalier. After drivivng it for 3 years, so far so good. The only problem is the AC stopped working 800 miles past the warranty. The dealer covered the parts, but we paid for labor- wasn't happy about that. Drove it to Florida 1300 miles, and it was very noisy on concrete highways, and in one instance the car would not start until I jiggled the shifter. I liked our '86 the best, and drove it 109,000 miles with no repairs.

Good All Around Car
By Chevy Guy on 04/06/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 years now and it has been a completely reliable vehicle. I purchased this car based on two other reliable experiences with the same make/model. I commute every day from suburbs to city in all kinds of weather (including snow - i use snow tires too) and this car performs very well. Car gets very good gas mileage and decent performance with 4cyl/auto combination. No major mechanical/quality problems. Only problems of any kind has been an ABS sensor that failed and sticky power door locks (both warranty repairs). There are not many cars that have this value for the money.

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter on 01/01/05 22:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! its simple, and worth every dime I payed. I bought it with 3 miles on it now I have 32,000 miles. And I've enjoyed every mile. I drove it from Florida to Northern Indiana to Maryland, Now i have it in Hawaii. I love the sporty look.

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter on 01/01/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red cavelier too bad I need to sell it. I have a 2yr old... We did have the car for the whole infant stage and it was still great.

Go ahead and get it
By JSawyer on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the Z24. The horsepower is enough to satisfy many. The style and comfort and great. My only complaint is that it tends to oversteer in a high speed corners so be ready. For Nascar fans thats "loose". The clutch has little feel but once you get used to it, it's not a problem. The engine has a great throaty sound. This is not an exhaust sound but rather the intake. The torque is quite impressive for a four banger. While the car is heavy the torque alone prevents needing to downshift. Need to pass someone just stay in fifth and press the gas. If you can find one of these cars take it!

Just Fine
By kggggd on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Never a problem, good economy, decent performance, great basic car. I compared Neons, Escorts, Focus and Civics. they either didnt fair as well or were priced too high.

Good Cheap Car
By ooaiiau on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I made it through a lousy dealership and got an awesome little car. My only complaint is the power windows. Sure it could use more power, but I already knew i wasn't buying a corvette. For the price & what it is, this is an excellent and very reliable car.

A reliable car
By BTH on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's not a fancy car, but it was a good value and it is reliable. I have not had any problems with this car. I use it to go to work. For the money it was the best and newest used car I could find for the money.