Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

At least this Cavaliar is 'great'!
By rusty

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great pick-up. Great on gas savings. Room enough for a chubby driver. Looks real good. Easy to keep clean.

36 mpg!

Change location of oil filter!

Would not suggest this car
By Jackie91802

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My car was great for the first couple years but all has gone down hill from there. ABS light continues to come on even after maintenance, all 4 power windows had to be replaced, pick-up is terrible, transmission is close to going, engine misfired after 45k miles, the a/c and heat does not work unless you put it on full blast, and now surprise surprise there is an electrical problem which doesn't allow me to use my left turn signal (real safe) - I'm getting rid of this car as soon as next week, never buying a GM again

Sporty look, can't really say many other pluses

Build a car that will last more then 3- 4 years - my car is literally falling apart on the inside and out

I love my Cavalier
By Charlene

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutley love my Cavalier. I've had it for over 5 years now and I have not had a problem yet. It was previously a rental car before I bought it so I thought it would have major problems. I was completely wong. I replaced my brakes at 53,000 miles. Other than regular maintenance, it hasn't had any problems. I couldn't have asked for a better car. I get about 35 MPG on the freeway and about 30 in the city. I don't know why I get such good gas mieage (I live in Southern California for goodness sakes, I am always in traffic!). I plan on driving it until it will not run anymore because it of the gas mileage.

Mine didn't come with powered windows which kind of stinks. It did come with a keyless remote and alarm, which is nice!

I don't think I would improve anything on it. I have no complaints at all. I feel very blessed for my car not having any problems and getting excellent gas mileage.

Great car for the money
By M Gomez

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 130,000 miles on my Cavalier. Overall it's a really good car. I have had to replace driver side window motor twice but other than brake pad replacements and routine oil changes and a new gas cap, no other repairs have been required.

Nice interior and body style. Vision is not obstructed in any way. Good gas mileage.

Fix the driver's side window motor problem. This seems to be pretty common. Better gas cap connector.

Great car!
By Love Chevys

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2002 Cavalier from a dealership back in 2006. I still pay notes on it but it has been great ever since then. I have a year and a half left to own it. It has been a great car. In these two and a half years the only problem I had with it was when I initially got it, back in 06, the fuel injection went out and I had to get it replaced. But overall I have not had another single issue with this car. I love it. It is my baby. When I sell it or trade it in I will be getting another Chevy.

CD player, rear window defrost, theft system, spacious, compact, great trunk space.

Better material for dashboard, mine has cracked. Better paint quality, easily scratched. Different place for cup holders, too close to the radio tuner.

• SUV