2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Good Car!
By Robert on 10/31/05 15:21 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried that my car would be a poor choice with all of the poor reviews from consumer reports, but the price was affordable so I got it. This car has been great! Good gas mileage 34mpg avg., never has given me a single problem. Other than styling, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Nice little economy car
By ron on 09/20/05 17:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Have 22,000 km on and have done 4 oil changes. That is all I have spent on this car. Would recomend it to anyone

Not a bad little car
By getelimi on 07/24/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Cavalier. After drivivng it for 3 years, so far so good. The only problem is the AC stopped working 800 miles past the warranty. The dealer covered the parts, but we paid for labor- wasn't happy about that. Drove it to Florida 1300 miles, and it was very noisy on concrete highways, and in one instance the car would not start until I jiggled the shifter. I liked our '86 the best, and drove it 109,000 miles with no repairs.

Just Fine
By kggggd on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Never a problem, good economy, decent performance, great basic car. I compared Neons, Escorts, Focus and Civics. they either didnt fair as well or were priced too high.

Good Cheap Car
By ooaiiau on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I made it through a lousy dealership and got an awesome little car. My only complaint is the power windows. Sure it could use more power, but I already knew i wasn't buying a corvette. For the price & what it is, this is an excellent and very reliable car.

A reliable car
By BTH on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's not a fancy car, but it was a good value and it is reliable. I have not had any problems with this car. I use it to go to work. For the money it was the best and newest used car I could find for the money.

Great Vehicle
By RandRJohnson on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We own a '98 Honda Civic, but we drive this car most of the time. It is a great traveling car, and is quiet and smooth. Overall this car is a great buy!

cav review
By wow!!!cav on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

ITs is just awesome

Good Car Nothing Fancy
By uneinc on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We're really happy with this car for basic transportation. The new engine for 2002 models runs great. The interior features have been upgraded too although the comfort level is still below average. I'm not sure why the Cavilier has such poor resale value. It's the second one we've owned with no major problems. It just runs.

Dealer has my car more than I do!!!!!!!!
By mindyj on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have never bought this car. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! The dealer has had the car as much as I have if not more. Car stalls on me when I put it into drive.Dosen't happen all the time so they say can not duplicate it. Supposed to be fixed every time that I get it back but still have same problem. Power windows have gotten stuck. Cigarette lighter and power volt have both been blown. Say it was my car carger but it workes in every other car. Oh yeah they say a cigarette lighter is not the place for a car charger. Odometer light went out. Clunking in steering when I turn. Been to dealer at least 10 times.