2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Chevy's It!
By Rad Tad on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The engine is sluggish, the imterior parts are cheap and break easily. It doesn't have much horsepower. It has more along the lines of grasshopper power. I wish I could trade it, but because it doesn't hold its value well I would be terribly upside down!

A big mistake
By TRFiona on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was a big mistake. It's been back to the dealer 9 times & is in need of another svc call. The check engine light was the reason for the trips to the shop & there were a variety of problems - 1 part was replaced twice because the replacement was defective. Now there's a brake problem, the engine makes odd noises & my Dad said the film that's always on the inside of my windshield is due to a heater core problem. This car's a lemon & the dealership keeps stringing me along. I regret the day I bought it & if I can ever get rid of it, I'll never own another Chevy again! Don't make the mistake of buying this car!

Perfect for a first car
By mattdean on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great buy as a first car. Very simple efficient interior and great exterior looks. Aftermarket stereo's are very easy to install as well, no need to keep the factory deck in the car. needs some more performance that's the omly complaint. very easy to work on the car.

Very Pleased
By TrendEOne on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Much better handling than Cav's of the past. Very stylish lines, and the factory body kit is just enough. Surprisingly peppy for a four banger.

great car
By KristinaBaer on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i've had no problems with this car at all. I love the style and everything about it.

cavalier is a nightmare
By danielle's fat on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

carv -a-lier horribly built car..no power.no quality.if u have it get rid of it before the warranty runs out..if it lasts that long.everything breaks.transmission rattles (charactaristic, not a defect)..rides like @#%$, For performance leave car at the dealer for warranty services

Overall good value
By ultrabingo on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The straight coupe with a manual transmission is fun to drive with rack and pinion steering, like a little sports car. Interior is cheaply make though. Lots of plastic and generic cloth. Overall a good value for the price.

i like it!
By pyroj1 on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car alot. I wish it had a little more power. But you cant beat the value.

Sporty and Quick
By Red99bmwm3 on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Z24 for over a year now with no problems what so ever. I've added a GM supercharger to the car and couldn't be happier. An extra 50 horsepower in these cars make them a lot more fun to drive.

cavalier ls sport
By USMC92183 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It was a wise decison to buy this car even though its my first car