2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Poor Car
By Dave on 03/27/08 08:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for my wife against my better judgment. (cars reputation) I was told that they had improved build quality. They have not!! The car only has 55000 km on it and something breaks every week. All new brakes at 40k, fan speed switch, lower control arm bushings, broken rear defrost switch that required a complete heater control unit because you can't just change switch!! etc, etc! Everything squeaks! Not even close to being is the same league as my last Toyota or current Subaru. Can't wait to get rid of this car. I will never buy another GM!!!!

A good city driver
By cav_rider666 on 08/12/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavalier may not be the most exiting compact sedan out there but its definitely worth taking a closer look at this value filled sedan. The 2.2L OHV engine design offers acceptable power, great fuel economy and offers one of the best automatic transmissions in its class. The Cavalier's timeless yet elegant lines make it pleasant to look at and its poor resell value makes it a great used buy. The interior is roomy, somewhat comfortable on long trips and offers ample cargo and storage space while still being able to comfortably accomodate 5 adults.

Pretty Good Car
By shedsnomotearz on 06/19/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car almost a year ago and the only problem I had was the front window motors burning out. Other than that, this is a great car to have. Pretty peppy 2.2L ECOTEC.

Worked out well for me
By mergatroid on 05/30/07 20:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 standard 4 door at an auction in Oct 2003 with 9000 miles. I previously had a '90 and I put 105,000 miles on it before selling it to my nephew who's still driving it. I wanted an inexpensive commuter car with good fuel economy. It has been that. I currently have 46,000 miles and the only non-routine repair I have had was the fan resistor pack replaced under warranty. I wasn't expecting a luxury or sports car, I just wanted reliable, economical basic transportation and the Cavalier has been that.

Good Basic Transportation
By Matt on 02/26/07 11:26 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Relable and smooth running subcompact. Only complaint is the dashboard warps and cracks too easily. Other than that, a very low maintenance car.

Midnight
By cwilson179 on 01/28/07 20:46 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car on January 29, 2004. It has been the best car I have ever had! It is dark blue metallic. My car is 5 years old now. It still runs like new. I have taken care of my car very well. I always get compliments about how good of condition that my car is. Everyone loves the color of the car including me! The 2.2 ecotec so far is a very good engine I now have 82,000 miles on my car. I don't have any problem with the comfort with the interior of the car. I drive this car at least 40 miles per day mostly highway driving. It gets the same great gas mileage that I got the day that I got it! It gets between 30 and 32 mpg. I would not trade this car for anything.

Good starter car
By Erica on 07/30/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the sporty look of the outside and the ease of driving it. However, the seats could be more comfortable and the alloy rims are very expensive to replace. It has the basic features I need and is a good starter car.

Great Vehicle
By Mike C on 01/03/06 17:13 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A near perfect car with outstanding handling, good fuel ecomomy (30+), and very comfortable. I am very satisfied with my Z24. Your web site is incorrect when it states that all of these have 5-speed manual transmissions. Mine has a four-speed automatic transmission with traction control. That is not available with the 5-speed manual and does make a substantial difference in value. I am a professional used car and truck buyer that attends auto auctions weekly. I am very familiar with the actual wholesale and retail values. Your site is does not contain realistic values for many of the vehicles I researched on it.

A Great Car For the Money
By Matt on 12/22/05 23:49 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car with just 55K and so far it needed nothing and is holding up quite well. The little 2.2 is more powerful than you would think and the transmission is smooth. Fuel economy is an average of 35-40 MPG. The AC and heater are strong and the CD/cassette player has great sound and is RDS equipped. The interior while well designed is full of cheap plastic but its still holding up well. The seats are comfortable but look and feel cheap. Interior room is not bad for a small car.

Good Car!
By Robert on 10/31/05 15:21 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried that my car would be a poor choice with all of the poor reviews from consumer reports, but the price was affordable so I got it. This car has been great! Good gas mileage 34mpg avg., never has given me a single problem. Other than styling, I would recommend this car to anyone.