2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Totally inferior product
By dan-o on 11/11/05 16:33 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a GM product, and based on this purchase, I never will again. At 45K miles, the dash panels are coming apart, rattling, & squeaking. Annoying squeaking has developed in the front suspension, and a disconcerting grinding noise is coming from the engine compartment at startup. I found a gap between the interior roof liner and the door edge that I can fit my finger through. What a disappointing example of American auto manufacturing. I'm going to sell it, get a Honda, and not feel one bit of sorrow for GM's current troubles.

Very Crude
By 351M on 11/04/05 21:24 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a month ago and have put 2000Km on it in that time, it had 64,000Km on it when I bought it. In that time, it sounds like a wheel is loose when I use the brakes, the trans seems way too low geared as well. Road and intake noise is really bad, the muffler broke apart inside, and the stock sound system is junk. The power isn't bad (2200 OHC 5 speed) I personally think my Lada Nivas are better built and more reliable vehicles, fun to drive factor is better as well. The Cobalt is definitely a better car but also with them the handling gose out the window at highway speeds.

Good All Around Car
By Chevy Guy on 04/06/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 years now and it has been a completely reliable vehicle. I purchased this car based on two other reliable experiences with the same make/model. I commute every day from suburbs to city in all kinds of weather (including snow - i use snow tires too) and this car performs very well. Car gets very good gas mileage and decent performance with 4cyl/auto combination. No major mechanical/quality problems. Only problems of any kind has been an ABS sensor that failed and sticky power door locks (both warranty repairs). There are not many cars that have this value for the money.

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter on 01/01/05 22:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! its simple, and worth every dime I payed. I bought it with 3 miles on it now I have 32,000 miles. And I've enjoyed every mile. I drove it from Florida to Northern Indiana to Maryland, Now i have it in Hawaii. I love the sporty look.

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter on 01/01/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red cavelier too bad I need to sell it. I have a 2yr old... We did have the car for the whole infant stage and it was still great.

Go ahead and get it
By JSawyer on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the Z24. The horsepower is enough to satisfy many. The style and comfort and great. My only complaint is that it tends to oversteer in a high speed corners so be ready. For Nascar fans thats "loose". The clutch has little feel but once you get used to it, it's not a problem. The engine has a great throaty sound. This is not an exhaust sound but rather the intake. The torque is quite impressive for a four banger. While the car is heavy the torque alone prevents needing to downshift. Need to pass someone just stay in fifth and press the gas. If you can find one of these cars take it!

UNHAPPY
By WAS IT WORTH IT!! on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I JUST TRADED OFF MY WIFES CAV AND WE DID NOT GET BACK FOR WHAT IT WAS WORTH. THE CAR WAS STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY, AND STILL LOOKED NEW. THEY ONLY GAVE US 5000.00 FOR THE CAR, AND WE PAID 17,500.00 FOR THE DAMN THING.

my black chevy cavalier
By janet english on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This cavalier is a great on road handling and is a pretty fast car. It has a lot of power for a small car, and is great on mileage. The car also has a great sunroof, tinted windows, and sporty chrome rally wheels. It looks like a little black corvette, except it is not as expensive. It rides more quiet than a vet, and is certainly better on fuel. The smoothe road handling and body style is what really impressed me.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By GSTOCK8044 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got my cavalier in Oct 03. I handles wonderfully. My only complaint is it gets a little sluggish after 2nd gear.

commuter car
By philnjean on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Poor brakes. I've only got 19K on this thing and the front rotors have already been replaced. When the antilock engages it makes a terrible noise and it feels like it's just rolling with no brakes. Dealer says it's normal. I can't believe brakes that sound like that are normal. Average fuel economy. Interior looks cheap, but car was cheap. Awful resale. Only one year old and it's lost half it's value