Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

2002 Cavalier LT Sedan
By C,Diddy

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is unspectacular. The ride quality and performance is below average. But,I love it for being extremely reliable and cheap to operate. Good on gas and oil. A.C. only works 100% when vehicle is moving. ABS and traction control light goes off and on, and I have a strut in the front that needs to be changed. But, like I said, RELIABLE and CHEAP! I have 103,000 km on mine, and I have no doubt it will last for as long as I need it to.

Favorite Features

Efficient on gas and oil

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are placed directly in front of the heating and cooling controls.

Love it!
By Jduval

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 65,000 Miles on it a year ago. Since then the only problem I have had was an evap leak. Nothing too severe. I changed the stock Radio threw in some better speakers and some subs in the trunk. Car is very fun to drive with the 5 spd. Very reliable with good pep when you want it. The A/C drains power when on and I have the very common fuse that burned out on the blower motor.

Favorite Features

5spd, Folding down back seat, interior layout.

Suggested Improvements

Blower Motor, A/C power consumption.

Good, but not safe
By 02Cavvy

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 w/22K miles. I wrecked it just recently due to someone pulling out in front of me. I hit the other car doing 40 mph and it totaled my car. The frame was warped, windshield cracked, engine shoved back, but still able to go 5 mph to move it. I've had to replace the back left speed sensor (whole brake drum, great planning Chevy - not.) I had the engine mounts go bad, O2 sensor, etc. I had to replace the front bumper pieces and that was around $500 just for parts. Poor build quality, I had panels gaping in one spot and pressed tightly in others. It's a good car if you want good gas mileage and something reliable in winter. Don't wreck you'll be seriously injured.

Favorite Features

Used engine bay space appropriately, easy to tinker with and add after market accessories. Easy on the gas pump. It's also a little sporty looking, so it's not too girly. (If you buy the sports package.)

Suggested Improvements

Oil filter placement, better build quality, longer lasting seat fabric, and definitely needs to have better crash test ratings, but as seeing that they discontinued it, there's nothing that can be done.

I owned 3 cavaliers
By Michael

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The door locks rusted out twice (what's with that?) No rust anywhere else on the car. It runs great. Does not burn oil. The battery died after 8 years. I replace the blower motor at 80kkm. It slowly lost its speed until it only had high speed. I still have the car and will probably have it for many years to come.

Favorite Features

Okay car. Make them again and I will buy a new one.

Suggested Improvements

Sun visor could line up with passenger one. There is a gap that lets the sun in.

Nice little car
By Cole Lutz

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i like my cavalier. it's a fun little car to drive, easy to do upgrades to. i recently supercharged my cavvy from a 2001 Chevy cobalt ss, it picks up and goes. i like how it looks and it's a fun little car. The only bad thing is that it dents really easy! thats the only con. drives really nice. i also have a aem short ram intake on it to. fun car

Favorite Features

supercharger

Suggested Improvements

fix the seat comfort front and rear