2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great Little Car!
By sensationalsens1978 on 01/17/09 07:03 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a perfect car for getting me to work and back. I haven't had any serious problems with it. However it is starting to rust, but that will be fixed later this year! If you are looking for a safe, reliable, and affordable vehicle, look no further than the Cavalier!

300,000 miles
By contaucreek on 01/02/09 14:40 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in 04. Drive 100000km a year and have about 480000km on it now. Odometer burnt out, dash lights burnt out, countless rear strut mounts,a/c failed first due to wiring then due to probable clutch problem, usual headlight wiring issue, does not burn a drop of oil, reliable like you wouldn't believe (touch wood)

Great gas mileage!
By Sassycat on 11/03/08 14:49 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving our SUV to work everyday and got the Cavalier to save on gas. I love this car. It's cute, reliable and definitely performs in the mileage-saving area. On the open road I've gotten 40-mpg! I've driven this car solo across the country a number of times and have had no problems. It has about 80,000 miles on it but the interior and exterior still look new after a wash & wax. Had a clogged fuel line that caused problems last year but that has been fixed. A strut bearing needs attention, apparently that's a typical problem, annoying but not critical.

02 Cavy base coupe
By seanyboi142 on 10/01/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car so much. It's got a little power to it (110 hp base model). It's not so good when accelerating with the AC on it puts a drag on the engine. I took it back to a Chevy dealership twice. The first time I took it back because I got tired of the base engine and ordered a LS sport engine which was much needed for power (140 hp engine). Well my engine light came after I had the car for about 2 or 3 weeks. Turns out someone put some of the parts in wrong. Well that's it. It's a great car.

At least this Cavaliar is 'great'!
By rusty on 09/03/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great pick-up. Great on gas savings. Room enough for a chubby driver. Looks real good. Easy to keep clean.

Would not suggest this car
By Jackie91802 on 08/12/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My car was great for the first couple years but all has gone down hill from there. ABS light continues to come on even after maintenance, all 4 power windows had to be replaced, pick-up is terrible, transmission is close to going, engine misfired after 45k miles, the a/c and heat does not work unless you put it on full blast, and now surprise surprise there is an electrical problem which doesn't allow me to use my left turn signal (real safe) - I'm getting rid of this car as soon as next week, never buying a GM again

I love my Cavalier
By Charlene on 07/26/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutley love my Cavalier. I've had it for over 5 years now and I have not had a problem yet. It was previously a rental car before I bought it so I thought it would have major problems. I was completely wong. I replaced my brakes at 53,000 miles. Other than regular maintenance, it hasn't had any problems. I couldn't have asked for a better car. I get about 35 MPG on the freeway and about 30 in the city. I don't know why I get such good gas mieage (I live in Southern California for goodness sakes, I am always in traffic!). I plan on driving it until it will not run anymore because it of the gas mileage.

Great car for the money
By M Gomez on 06/17/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 130,000 miles on my Cavalier. Overall it's a really good car. I have had to replace driver side window motor twice but other than brake pad replacements and routine oil changes and a new gas cap, no other repairs have been required.

Great car!
By Love Chevys on 05/12/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2002 Cavalier from a dealership back in 2006. I still pay notes on it but it has been great ever since then. I have a year and a half left to own it. It has been a great car. In these two and a half years the only problem I had with it was when I initially got it, back in 06, the fuel injection went out and I had to get it replaced. But overall I have not had another single issue with this car. I love it. It is my baby. When I sell it or trade it in I will be getting another Chevy.

Excellent Car
By Charlene on 04/25/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great to me. I bought it used with 21,000 miles on it. It used to be a rental, and I am amazed it hasn't had any problems. My dad really talked the price down for me because it used to be a rental. I got it for an amazing price. It nows has 91,000 miles on it and I've only need to do regular maitenance. I get approx. 35 miles on the freeway and 30 in town/freeway. I've replaced the brakes and tires, but no problems other then that. It has been a great car and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I've heard some bad things about owning a Chevy, but I don't have anything negative to say about mine. Maybe I just lucked out.