2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
awesome lil 4 cyl car
By Eli on 01/27/10 13:49 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car (2.2L) it has manual options,cloth seats,4 doors car is great on gas mileage, very comfortable, fun to drive... its got 138 *** miles i replaced the alternator-battery at 136000 which i think is not bad after owning this car for 9 years... and it can get 38 mpg on the Hwy

glad they dont make them anymore
By mart on 07/03/09 19:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

at 47000 miles head gasket,water pump.thermostat had to be replaced.at 55000 miles fuel pump had to be replaced,located inside of fuel tank,oil filter is in a bad location,air conditioner has stop working.when car does run it runs good and get good gas mileage.

Great Little Car!
By sensationalsens1978 on 01/17/09 07:03 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is a perfect car for getting me to work and back. I haven't had any serious problems with it. However it is starting to rust, but that will be fixed later this year! If you are looking for a safe, reliable, and affordable vehicle, look no further than the Cavalier!

300,000 miles
By contaucreek on 01/02/09 14:40 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in 04. Drive 100000km a year and have about 480000km on it now. Odometer burnt out, dash lights burnt out, countless rear strut mounts,a/c failed first due to wiring then due to probable clutch problem, usual headlight wiring issue, does not burn a drop of oil, reliable like you wouldn't believe (touch wood)

At least this Cavaliar is 'great'!
By rusty on 09/03/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great pick-up. Great on gas savings. Room enough for a chubby driver. Looks real good. Easy to keep clean.

Would not suggest this car
By Jackie91802 on 08/12/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My car was great for the first couple years but all has gone down hill from there. ABS light continues to come on even after maintenance, all 4 power windows had to be replaced, pick-up is terrible, transmission is close to going, engine misfired after 45k miles, the a/c and heat does not work unless you put it on full blast, and now surprise surprise there is an electrical problem which doesn't allow me to use my left turn signal (real safe) - I'm getting rid of this car as soon as next week, never buying a GM again

I love my Cavalier
By Charlene on 07/26/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutley love my Cavalier. I've had it for over 5 years now and I have not had a problem yet. It was previously a rental car before I bought it so I thought it would have major problems. I was completely wong. I replaced my brakes at 53,000 miles. Other than regular maintenance, it hasn't had any problems. I couldn't have asked for a better car. I get about 35 MPG on the freeway and about 30 in the city. I don't know why I get such good gas mieage (I live in Southern California for goodness sakes, I am always in traffic!). I plan on driving it until it will not run anymore because it of the gas mileage.

Great car for the money
By M Gomez on 06/17/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 130,000 miles on my Cavalier. Overall it's a really good car. I have had to replace driver side window motor twice but other than brake pad replacements and routine oil changes and a new gas cap, no other repairs have been required.

Great car!
By Love Chevys on 05/12/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2002 Cavalier from a dealership back in 2006. I still pay notes on it but it has been great ever since then. I have a year and a half left to own it. It has been a great car. In these two and a half years the only problem I had with it was when I initially got it, back in 06, the fuel injection went out and I had to get it replaced. But overall I have not had another single issue with this car. I love it. It is my baby. When I sell it or trade it in I will be getting another Chevy.

Excellent Car
By Charlene on 04/25/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great to me. I bought it used with 21,000 miles on it. It used to be a rental, and I am amazed it hasn't had any problems. My dad really talked the price down for me because it used to be a rental. I got it for an amazing price. It nows has 91,000 miles on it and I've only need to do regular maitenance. I get approx. 35 miles on the freeway and 30 in town/freeway. I've replaced the brakes and tires, but no problems other then that. It has been a great car and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I've heard some bad things about owning a Chevy, but I don't have anything negative to say about mine. Maybe I just lucked out.