2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
BEST ECONOMY/FUN CAR EVER
By Johnathan on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy must have done something really right when they built my car. It is a 1990 Chevy Cavalier that still rides like its on rails. Its got 228,000 miles on original everything and it is still one smooth ride.

it's a friday car
By Angry man on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car has already had some problems after a week of owning it. I had paint bumps on the trunk that I need to get fixed they are willing to do this but they can’t get me in until next week. The gears are really close together so I feel like I have to shift way to quickly, it wants me to go to fifth gear at about 32 mph. The preformace leaves something to be desired. I hope to add a K&N cold air system as soon as it comes out. Also the power window control pannel is comming out already.

Can anyone say
By LMXRacer on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a sport compact guy, domestic of course. I buy a sub $20,000 car, and modify it for racing, so I am hard on almost every aspect of the car, and both z-24's (my old '99 and my new '02) have held up extremely well. Of course I keep them maintained, but that goes without saying. An excellent base with which to build upon, if you are into this lifestyle as I am. With a few simple engine, exhaust, and tranny mods

Cavalier Nightmare
By mark0 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Low engine coolant light came on after 4 weeks... Crack in Engine block all the coolant drained into the engine and mixed with the oil. Dealer replaced engine. without car for 2 weeks. Then the alternator died at 3 months... Did anyone else have so many problems?

The Car
By jenna on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good car for one or two children and two adults for longer rides, fits car seats great, it's very easy to drive and very comfortable to ride in and i'll probably keep buying these cars for a long time.

nice little car
By mike on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car couple weeks ago. Got over $4000 off the MSRP with $2002 rebate and a huge GM card earnings. So far it's been really nice to drive. The new 2.2 Ecotec engine is much better than the old 2.2 and 2.4 engines. Feels more powerful than most small car.

its the perfect car
By Kevin A. on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car. i just turned 16 its my first car and i will probably keep it through college

Cavalier is Junk!!!
By marks on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2002 Cavalier coupe. Car stalled at 60mph on second day with 75 mile on car and would not start. Called Dealer from cell phone on side of road. Dealer was rude. Car at Dealer for 1 week, fixed car and now the same problem. Bought car 3 weeks ago and drove it 3 days... Need to see a lawyer and get my money back...

Got Milk?
By LMX on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Thus far, I have had no problems with my car, and although it is less than 5 months old, I bought a '99 Z-24 brand new, and traded it in, so I had it around 3 years, with no major problems, and only normal wear and tear expenses with my very aggressive driving style. I race, and these cars have held up suprisingly well with the stresses I put it through, although I do keep it excellently maintained.

Sad, It's a Joke
By noone99 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had a 91 Olds Cutlass Calais to 2K Cavalier. I almost/should have bought a Honda Civic. Wife has a 2K Odyssey. Cavalier has 33,000 miles. I’ve heard noises from the front struts, a recall on the electrical system, rear defogger takes 3 times longer then Calais. I have a 5 speed. When hot out-side with A/C on under load, Cavalier doesn’t have an A/C compressor cut-off, causes “sitting duck” at 25-35 MPH in 2nd gear. Dealer says, “its designed that way". Stereo, 91 Calais had much better factory speakers. I went from the perfect running car to a joke. Dad’s Cavalier is punishment if you have a 11 year-old daughter that gets into trouble, who doesn’t want her friends to see her in this car.