2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Chevy is crap!
By Mikey on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 cavalier is junk. I will push it into a river to get rid of it. Salesman was a jerk.

Great Buy For What You Get
By Thomas H. on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice little car with more interior room than I would have thought. It is fun to drive and I have had no problems whatsoever with it. I would not recommend this car to a person who is looking at Cadillacs or more expensive vehicles, but would for someone looking for a nice, inexpensive new car.

2000 Cavalier is junk
By KPoole on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After only 2 years, Already have major engine problems. Vehicle began overheating and cutting off when idle. Returned to dealship and mechanics believe new engine is needed. They claim I am responsible. The back seat is also coming out. This vehicle was a bad investment. I now have negative equity in this vehicle. It is absolutely worthless.

meltdowns z24 review
By mtymerlin on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Along with the Z24's attractive appierance, it's power and handling capabilities are above average for a car in it's price range. I have only had the car less than a year now and have had a fun time driving it around the town.

2002 Chevy Cavalier - Best car+value
By Jonathan M. on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car. I have had no problems with it except that the power window control panel keeps comming off. The ride is exceptional. And at a purchase price of $10,998 I can't complain

Still Runs like new
By cavalier on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my cavalier new in december 1995, drove it over 130,000 and it runs like the day i bought it!!!! Dependable and FUN to drive

bigger is not always better
By Jeremy Glick on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

although it is not very big in the horsepower area it more then makes up for it on the street.

WOW!!!
By Ecotec02Cav on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Went from a 1997 Grand AM Se with a 2.4 to a 02 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe WOW!! Really like the new Ecotec Engine, Only prob I have is, I bought black, and its a pretty color when its clean, but man is it a pain to KEEP clean lol Sweeet Car LOVE IT!!

I love it!!
By BeckyC on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great choice for new drivers. It was/is my first car and I absolutely love it!

Good Value
By KJT on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice car with a great price.