Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Nice little economy car
By ron

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Have 22,000 km on and have done 4 oil changes. That is all I have spent on this car. Would recomend it to anyone

Fuel economy and no repairs

Not a bad little car
By getelimi

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Cavalier. After drivivng it for 3 years, so far so good. The only problem is the AC stopped working 800 miles past the warranty. The dealer covered the parts, but we paid for labor- wasn't happy about that. Drove it to Florida 1300 miles, and it was very noisy on concrete highways, and in one instance the car would not start until I jiggled the shifter. I liked our '86 the best, and drove it 109,000 miles with no repairs.

Handles well, great gas mileage, $3000 instant rebate. low price.

Good All Around Car
By Chevy Guy

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 years now and it has been a completely reliable vehicle. I purchased this car based on two other reliable experiences with the same make/model. I commute every day from suburbs to city in all kinds of weather (including snow - i use snow tires too) and this car performs very well. Car gets very good gas mileage and decent performance with 4cyl/auto combination. No major mechanical/quality problems. Only problems of any kind has been an ABS sensor that failed and sticky power door locks (both warranty repairs). There are not many cars that have this value for the money.

Car came with every option it could have. Good stereo. Power sunroof is nice too. Very good engine and transmission deliver very good fuel economy (30MPG avg/mix cty/hwy). Rides and handles reasonably well for an economy car. Standard ABS! (most cars in this class do not have standard ABS)

Better interior parts. No quality problems but it feels cheap. Resale value is a downer but that's what you get when there is a $3000 rebate attached to the car. Brakes are typically a fast wearing item on these cars. Always have been. At least they are cheap to replace.

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! its simple, and worth every dime I payed. I bought it with 3 miles on it now I have 32,000 miles. And I've enjoyed every mile. I drove it from Florida to Northern Indiana to Maryland, Now i have it in Hawaii. I love the sporty look.

the Stereo is very good for factory sound. The trunk is quite large. Also it is more roomy than it looks even in the back. I fit a 36' TV into the back, to bring it home from the store

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red cavelier too bad I need to sell it. I have a 2yr old... We did have the car for the whole infant stage and it was still great.

The exterior of the car is excellent!!! Very sporty, for a simple vehicle. I also like its fuel efficiency. I also have a focus... IT IS HORRIBLE on gas...

just keep the extras comming