2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews 11

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
STREET RACING MADE EASY
By Kal on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well to say the least, I think this is the fastest inline 4 cyl. vehicle put out for 2002! I've beaten most other 4's, and some small 6's while I was at it too! Just a great car ya know?

Think again b4 buying!
By Pete63 on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing but problem with my 02 Cavalier. Have had 15 rental cars in under a year on this car. Lordstown (Cavalier / Sunfire final assembly plant) needs to produce a quality vehicle! Numerous engine and wiring problems. Probably will not buy GM again.

2002 Cavalier
By ESR on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Basic car. Good gas mileage. Fits a 6'3" guy like me. Put 160K on my 1996 Cav. and no major $ put in except for usual tires, brakes, ect...

Should've Bought 99' Acura Integra GS-R
By JMC-19 on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The first thing that comes to mind when i think about my cavalier is, clutch....the clutch in my ls sport grabs so high and feels like its already starting to go (and i know how to drive a stick).The other thing that comes to mind is brakes. I just rolled 3000 mi and my front rotors feel like they need to be cut. I will give Chevy a hand for the new ecotec engine though, because it is a lot smoother and quieter than my old 2.2L. And good luck if you change your oil at home, b/c you have to take the intake tube and air box cover off to get to the filter! But the filter is very nice , b/c you only have to drop into a cylinder.

Great Value
By SMR on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My last two vehicles were a Honda and Nissan. This time when shopping for a car the best value was a Cavalier. Nothing can compete for the price with traction control, ABS, cruise, power windows, CD. Mine drives great and I expect good dependability like my Cavalier I bought 10 years ago with less options for about the same price as the 02 I just bought. You can't beat it for value.

best damn car for the money
By sfc sarge on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Shopped long and hard for a new car. Searched for good used car, finally for the money, the Cavalier came on top. Noone gives you as much car for the money.

Way better then expected
By Grizzly1 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I first had a 1995 Ford Escort LX, then went to the '02 Z24. I've had the car for about 7 months now. I love this car! I'm getting the same fuel economy or better then the escort. This is WAAAY more reliable than the Ford. I had to take the my Ford to the shop way too many times to count. I have had no problems with the car. My only complaint are the interior is not as big as expected, but still plenty for me and 3 other people.

Stick to the LS Sport
By TonyQ567 on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For the price, the LS Sport is the best deal going. Don't waste your time with the base model when for just a few more dollars you can get a lot more car. The ECOTEC is an excellent engine that is far sturdier than the regular 2.2L found in the base model. The only problem so far has been trying to find aftermarket parts for it since it is so new.

Happy, So far.
By JC LS SPORT on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 02 LS Sport with a 5- speed in May and haven't had to take it to the shop yet. The new ecotec engine pulls pretty good for a 4 banger in 1st and 2nd gear, but after that it loses its pep. I wouldn't recommend racing any si civic's unless you're only going to race to 50mph. I did find the paint job to be quite poor. I can feel some rough spots where it feels like they didn't spray enough clearcoat. Other than that, the car has been good so far. Oh yeah and the rear drum brakes are just ridiculous. I thought i was buying a sport coupe?

Great car!
By Tomas P. on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm more than satisfied with this car. It's just a car, without any unnecessary think.