Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Would not suggest this car
By Jackie91802

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My car was great for the first couple years but all has gone down hill from there. ABS light continues to come on even after maintenance, all 4 power windows had to be replaced, pick-up is terrible, transmission is close to going, engine misfired after 45k miles, the a/c and heat does not work unless you put it on full blast, and now surprise surprise there is an electrical problem which doesn't allow me to use my left turn signal (real safe) - I'm getting rid of this car as soon as next week, never buying a GM again

Sporty look, can't really say many other pluses

Build a car that will last more then 3- 4 years - my car is literally falling apart on the inside and out

Good starter car
By Erica

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the sporty look of the outside and the ease of driving it. However, the seats could be more comfortable and the alloy rims are very expensive to replace. It has the basic features I need and is a good starter car.

CD player, keyless entry, black interior

Better seats and more features

Great Vehicle
By Mike C

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A near perfect car with outstanding handling, good fuel ecomomy (30+), and very comfortable. I am very satisfied with my Z24. Your web site is incorrect when it states that all of these have 5-speed manual transmissions. Mine has a four-speed automatic transmission with traction control. That is not available with the 5-speed manual and does make a substantial difference in value. I am a professional used car and truck buyer that attends auto auctions weekly. I am very familiar with the actual wholesale and retail values. Your site is does not contain realistic values for many of the vehicles I researched on it.

The suspension is great. Very balanced, very little tourqe steer with just enough power to make driving fun. It holds the road like it is on a rail. I have not had even one problem with this car in four years.

Split folding rear seat and side air- bags (which Chevrolet added to the 2003 model.) Your web site is incorect in booking out this car. You state that there are no factory accessories for this vehicle and that they all have a 5-speed manual transmission. That is not true.

Dealer has my car more than I do!!!!!!!!
By mindyj

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have never bought this car. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! The dealer has had the car as much as I have if not more. Car stalls on me when I put it into drive.Dosen't happen all the time so they say can not duplicate it. Supposed to be fixed every time that I get it back but still have same problem. Power windows have gotten stuck. Cigarette lighter and power volt have both been blown. Say it was my car carger but it workes in every other car. Oh yeah they say a cigarette lighter is not the place for a car charger. Odometer light went out. Clunking in steering when I turn. Been to dealer at least 10 times.

It's nicw WHEN I HAVE IT!!!!!

As to my peoblems WHAT DOESN'T NEED TO BE IMPROVED?????

nive entry level sport sedan
By jbnatt

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Z24 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

just bought this car and seem to be happy with it so far.This is not my first experience with the cavalier,I traded a 1991 cavaleir in for this and never had to do anything other than routine maintanance.The ecotec engine is certainly a nice improvement and the accelleration is certainly there when you need it in this little car.

ecotec engine,accelleration,Z24 styling