2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Pretty Good Car
By shedsnomotearz on 06/19/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car almost a year ago and the only problem I had was the front window motors burning out. Other than that, this is a great car to have. Pretty peppy 2.2L ECOTEC.

Midnight
By cwilson179 on 01/28/07 20:46 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car on January 29, 2004. It has been the best car I have ever had! It is dark blue metallic. My car is 5 years old now. It still runs like new. I have taken care of my car very well. I always get compliments about how good of condition that my car is. Everyone loves the color of the car including me! The 2.2 ecotec so far is a very good engine I now have 82,000 miles on my car. I don't have any problem with the comfort with the interior of the car. I drive this car at least 40 miles per day mostly highway driving. It gets the same great gas mileage that I got the day that I got it! It gets between 30 and 32 mpg. I would not trade this car for anything.

cav review
By wow!!!cav on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

ITs is just awesome

cute, economical, fun, AND sporty
By DanielleBradshaw on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i am a college student... i have only had this car for 6 months and i love it. i haven't had any problems. the factory stereo system is awesome. it's a cute car and also sporty and fun. it gets great milage (about 32 on highway, 26 in town). good breaks system really helped me out in the winter months... awesome summer vehicle too!! can you tell i love this car??

The American Honda
By GMlover on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 17 and i got my 2002 cavalier LS Sport (4door)once my 1990 Oldsmobile died. i must say the cealer was not to friendly but once i laid my eyes on this car i just had to have it. IT was the last 2002 on the lot so we got a very nice price. I really enjoy this car to the fullest. I must say i am pretty imprest with chevy. Not because this is a top of the line vehicle but i would expect less from an american car company. I feel that chevy put out a perfect car to compeat with those hondas and toyota on the market. The seats are friendly to the bottom and the back is surprisingly spacious. The cavalier is an overall great car. Thanks mom and dad

Well, you get what you paid for....
By Violette on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Yes I will be zipping around but I've had my problems. The car has already had the computer replaced, about 3,000 miles ago, that dealership at FL-GA border - do not recommend - took 6 hours to locate a rental and was given "tips" by others who got their car in record speed. My dealership, however explains well and is very friendly/helpful, even though they can't find the "new" problem yet.

it's a friday car
By Angry man on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car has already had some problems after a week of owning it. I had paint bumps on the trunk that I need to get fixed they are willing to do this but they can’t get me in until next week. The gears are really close together so I feel like I have to shift way to quickly, it wants me to go to fifth gear at about 32 mph. The preformace leaves something to be desired. I hope to add a K&N cold air system as soon as it comes out. Also the power window control pannel is comming out already.

nice little car
By mike on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car couple weeks ago. Got over $4000 off the MSRP with $2002 rebate and a huge GM card earnings. So far it's been really nice to drive. The new 2.2 Ecotec engine is much better than the old 2.2 and 2.4 engines. Feels more powerful than most small car.

Great Starter Car
By Esmeralda on 02/27/02 15:20 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just graduated from college and wanted a car that was low in cost and nice on the eyes. The 4 door Cavalier LS Sport was the best I found. From the moment I saw this car I could not believe it was a Cavalier, I used to think these cars were so ordinary. Drives very well, and saves you a lot of money on gas.

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport
By Dmagic on 02/16/02 10:42 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased the cavalier LS Sport Sedan. I must say that for the buck, this is a best buy! It has all the custom features most people want, available in factory make. The sound system is excellent, and puts a little bump in your ride. Considering it only has a 4 cylinder, the car has quite an amount of pickup too.