Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Amazing Automobile, 9 years later...
By michael

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this brand new off the lot in 2001 and every mile on it is mine. 156,000 miles later, and I am thinking I will keep it for two more years and hope Chevy puts a gutsy engine in a Cruze SS. 150 HP and 150 lb/ft of torque make it fun to drive. Mileage is amazing - 32 mpg still! Bottom of doors and some other rust had to be treated, but such a reliable performer I am happy to do it. I am sold on Chevy for creating such an amazing car and engine. Does so much so well, and only cost me $16,000 new and fully loaded. Does go through wheel bearings, replaced window motors like everyone else, but again, is so good it's worth it.

5 speed, sure footed, especially in snow and nasty weather, still looks amazing, sunroof, stereo booms, two cigarette lighters is great for gps and FM transmitter, map lights, never a time that i don't want to drive it.

folding seat, dashboard cracks, some cheap plastics, fit and finish - Bought a 2010 Equinox for wife and GM has addressed issues that have plagued them for years. Chevy customer for life.

2002 z24
By ANAKIN50

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

excellent vehicle. the only bad things about it: dash parts (cracks with the sun light too fast), and the original paint job its too poor. but i love my z24.

engine and transmission quick response.

rear disks, better seats, audio speakers.

worst car ever
By *

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cd player doesn't work. The stick is hard to move and sometimes doesn't go into park and has to be shoved. Dashboard rattles. Mileage does not show up half of the time. Passenger side window does not go up, therefore it never goes down. Air conditioner wires cracked. I'm sure I'm forgetting things but I just can't remember everything wrong with this car. This is the worst car known to mankind, probably getting rid of it during the summer.

favorite features? not on this car.

I don't know where to begin, but the car is not longer in production, Wonder why?

Good little road rocket
By bert

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought as a short commute vehicle, never a major problem. Taken on a few long road trips. Always faithfully maintained due to low mileage/time ratio. One window motor failed, replaced via warranty. Brakes at 25000, good mileage considering short city daily drive, and multiple stops per mile driven. Never any problems, mileage decent, wasnt bought as an economy car. This little vehicle with the dual overhead cams will perform, and looks nice too. The traction control/anti-locks work very well in a Chicago area winter. I have found no faults with it.

No problem running at higher speed interstate traffic in a quiet, comfortable way. It will also surprise cars costing triple the price on a twisting country two lane.

Not required. The car isn't made anymore

Horrible
By nick

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for $8000 with about 61,000. I got ripped off with the price due to the fact that I am young and my first car. When I first got the car I loved it, no problems at all for the first 3 months. Then, the worst happened. I needed a new battery, new headlights, which are still to this day 2 different shades. the dashboard is loose, dealership said they fixed it, never did. New brakes. The mileage on the car started flashing at about 65000 mi. I'm hearing rattling sounds from the front end of the car. This is just about the worst car anyone could ever purchase. No wonder why they discounitued the Cavalier. I'm surprised it took this long to discontinue.

The sunroof

Better interior quailty. Looks cheap. Needs a modern look.