2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Amazing Automobile, 9 years later...
By michael on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this brand new off the lot in 2001 and every mile on it is mine. 156,000 miles later, and I am thinking I will keep it for two more years and hope Chevy puts a gutsy engine in a Cruze SS. 150 HP and 150 lb/ft of torque make it fun to drive. Mileage is amazing - 32 mpg still! Bottom of doors and some other rust had to be treated, but such a reliable performer I am happy to do it. I am sold on Chevy for creating such an amazing car and engine. Does so much so well, and only cost me $16,000 new and fully loaded. Does go through wheel bearings, replaced window motors like everyone else, but again, is so good it's worth it.

2002 z24
By ANAKIN50 on 04/05/10 10:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

excellent vehicle. the only bad things about it: dash parts (cracks with the sun light too fast), and the original paint job its too poor. but i love my z24.

worst car ever
By * on 04/21/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cd player doesn't work. The stick is hard to move and sometimes doesn't go into park and has to be shoved. Dashboard rattles. Mileage does not show up half of the time. Passenger side window does not go up, therefore it never goes down. Air conditioner wires cracked. I'm sure I'm forgetting things but I just can't remember everything wrong with this car. This is the worst car known to mankind, probably getting rid of it during the summer.

Good little road rocket
By bert on 03/15/08 00:58 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought as a short commute vehicle, never a major problem. Taken on a few long road trips. Always faithfully maintained due to low mileage/time ratio. One window motor failed, replaced via warranty. Brakes at 25000, good mileage considering short city daily drive, and multiple stops per mile driven. Never any problems, mileage decent, wasnt bought as an economy car. This little vehicle with the dual overhead cams will perform, and looks nice too. The traction control/anti-locks work very well in a Chicago area winter. I have found no faults with it.

Horrible
By nick on 03/28/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for $8000 with about 61,000. I got ripped off with the price due to the fact that I am young and my first car. When I first got the car I loved it, no problems at all for the first 3 months. Then, the worst happened. I needed a new battery, new headlights, which are still to this day 2 different shades. the dashboard is loose, dealership said they fixed it, never did. New brakes. The mileage on the car started flashing at about 65000 mi. I'm hearing rattling sounds from the front end of the car. This is just about the worst car anyone could ever purchase. No wonder why they discounitued the Cavalier. I'm surprised it took this long to discontinue.

Go ahead and get it
By JSawyer on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the Z24. The horsepower is enough to satisfy many. The style and comfort and great. My only complaint is that it tends to oversteer in a high speed corners so be ready. For Nascar fans thats "loose". The clutch has little feel but once you get used to it, it's not a problem. The engine has a great throaty sound. This is not an exhaust sound but rather the intake. The torque is quite impressive for a four banger. While the car is heavy the torque alone prevents needing to downshift. Need to pass someone just stay in fifth and press the gas. If you can find one of these cars take it!

Perfect for a first car
By mattdean on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great buy as a first car. Very simple efficient interior and great exterior looks. Aftermarket stereo's are very easy to install as well, no need to keep the factory deck in the car. needs some more performance that's the omly complaint. very easy to work on the car.

Sporty and Quick
By Red99bmwm3 on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Z24 for over a year now with no problems what so ever. I've added a GM supercharger to the car and couldn't be happier. An extra 50 horsepower in these cars make them a lot more fun to drive.

Don't Buy a Cavalier
By cgehlich on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had many problems with my Cavalier. This month alone, I have put over $700 into the car, not including my car payment or insurance. Granted, I drive the car a lot. But, many things continuously go wrong with it that shouldn't (Engine Light goes on, Emergency Brake don't always hold, there is a crack in the dashboard - no one ever since in the passenger seat, so I have no idea how this came out, etc.). I've done everything to keep the car well-maintained, but nothing seems to be working.

Sporty and Fast
By mytifyn45 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I liked this car from the moment I saw it. I can't complain about the horsepower; it's quick. Great gas mileage; at a time when gas prices are outrageous. Have had no recalls or repairs in 1 1/2 years. Sound system is great.