2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Fantastic little car. GM girl for life
By Amy on 08/13/07 06:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After having a baby in 2001, I was beginning to feel way too momish. I missed having a small sporty car and purchased this car new in March 2002. Loved the car from the very start, very comfortable and roomy interior ( rear-facing car seat fits easily in and out of the back seat), great handling, and quick/zippy performance from the 2.2L Ecotec engine. Unfortunately, I have a tendancy to drive my cars extremely hard and often forget about routine preventative maintenance (like oil). Oil was changed maybe 5 times. My engine siezed in April 2007 at 83K miles. I have since replaced the engine with a 2005 2.2L Ecotectand now running great. Even at 5 yrs old the interior looks almost like new.

Nice car!!
By jerry on 04/05/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used for $7,995. I love it. It is an all around great car. Stiff sporty suspension, and a smooth highway drive. Looks and rides like a true sports car. I have the rare chrome stock wheels. It is bright red. It's a head turner. Not a bad built car. The 2.2 eco tech is the way to go I have heard nothing but bad thing about the 2.4 Z24 plus the body looks better. I strapped a z24 factory sign on there just to be cool

Totally inferior product
By dan-o on 11/11/05 16:33 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a GM product, and based on this purchase, I never will again. At 45K miles, the dash panels are coming apart, rattling, & squeaking. Annoying squeaking has developed in the front suspension, and a disconcerting grinding noise is coming from the engine compartment at startup. I found a gap between the interior roof liner and the door edge that I can fit my finger through. What a disappointing example of American auto manufacturing. I'm going to sell it, get a Honda, and not feel one bit of sorrow for GM's current troubles.

Good All Around Car
By Chevy Guy on 04/06/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 years now and it has been a completely reliable vehicle. I purchased this car based on two other reliable experiences with the same make/model. I commute every day from suburbs to city in all kinds of weather (including snow - i use snow tires too) and this car performs very well. Car gets very good gas mileage and decent performance with 4cyl/auto combination. No major mechanical/quality problems. Only problems of any kind has been an ABS sensor that failed and sticky power door locks (both warranty repairs). There are not many cars that have this value for the money.

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter on 01/01/05 22:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! its simple, and worth every dime I payed. I bought it with 3 miles on it now I have 32,000 miles. And I've enjoyed every mile. I drove it from Florida to Northern Indiana to Maryland, Now i have it in Hawaii. I love the sporty look.

Little Red Cav
By Kyle Carpenter on 01/01/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little red cavelier too bad I need to sell it. I have a 2yr old... We did have the car for the whole infant stage and it was still great.

UNHAPPY
By WAS IT WORTH IT!! on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I JUST TRADED OFF MY WIFES CAV AND WE DID NOT GET BACK FOR WHAT IT WAS WORTH. THE CAR WAS STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY, AND STILL LOOKED NEW. THEY ONLY GAVE US 5000.00 FOR THE CAR, AND WE PAID 17,500.00 FOR THE DAMN THING.

my black chevy cavalier
By janet english on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This cavalier is a great on road handling and is a pretty fast car. It has a lot of power for a small car, and is great on mileage. The car also has a great sunroof, tinted windows, and sporty chrome rally wheels. It looks like a little black corvette, except it is not as expensive. It rides more quiet than a vet, and is certainly better on fuel. The smoothe road handling and body style is what really impressed me.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By GSTOCK8044 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got my cavalier in Oct 03. I handles wonderfully. My only complaint is it gets a little sluggish after 2nd gear.

Chevy's It!
By Rad Tad on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The engine is sluggish, the imterior parts are cheap and break easily. It doesn't have much horsepower. It has more along the lines of grasshopper power. I wish I could trade it, but because it doesn't hold its value well I would be terribly upside down!