Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Pretty Good Car
By shedsnomotearz

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car almost a year ago and the only problem I had was the front window motors burning out. Other than that, this is a great car to have. Pretty peppy 2.2L ECOTEC.

Favorite Features

Leather Interior, rims

Suggested Improvements

More leg room, Better place for cup holders, More powerful engine

Midnight
By cwilson179

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car on January 29, 2004. It has been the best car I have ever had! It is dark blue metallic. My car is 5 years old now. It still runs like new. I have taken care of my car very well. I always get compliments about how good of condition that my car is. Everyone loves the color of the car including me! The 2.2 ecotec so far is a very good engine I now have 82,000 miles on my car. I don't have any problem with the comfort with the interior of the car. I drive this car at least 40 miles per day mostly highway driving. It gets the same great gas mileage that I got the day that I got it! It gets between 30 and 32 mpg. I would not trade this car for anything.

Favorite Features

The dark blue metallic color is the best color on a car I have every seen! My car origanally had the RDS stereo system in my car. Unfortunatley it did not last very long, but I changed the stereo in it. The speakers still work very well. I love my chrome wheels. I also love the 2.2 ecotec.

Suggested Improvements

The speaker on the driver side didn't last very long. The switch in the door that turns the dome light and turns off the stereo needs improvements. My gas gauge hasn't ever worked. My dash has cracked, and I have already had to replace my shift boot on my 5 speed shifter.

cav review
By wow!!!cav

ITs is just awesome

Favorite Features

moonroof, chrome rims

Suggested Improvements

none, awesome

cute, economical, fun, AND sporty
By DanielleBradshaw

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i am a college student... i have only had this car for 6 months and i love it. i haven't had any problems. the factory stereo system is awesome. it's a cute car and also sporty and fun. it gets great milage (about 32 on highway, 26 in town). good breaks system really helped me out in the winter months... awesome summer vehicle too!! can you tell i love this car??

Favorite Features

my favorite feature would have to be the wheels. the shiny sleek wheels really adds a lot to the looks of the car. i added tinted windows and it's a perfect sports sedan.

Suggested Improvements

the front cupholders are a little hard to get to when you are driving... i don't know where else you'd put them though. that's my only complaint though.

The American Honda
By GMlover

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 17 and i got my 2002 cavalier LS Sport (4door)once my 1990 Oldsmobile died. i must say the cealer was not to friendly but once i laid my eyes on this car i just had to have it. IT was the last 2002 on the lot so we got a very nice price. I really enjoy this car to the fullest. I must say i am pretty imprest with chevy. Not because this is a top of the line vehicle but i would expect less from an american car company. I feel that chevy put out a perfect car to compeat with those hondas and toyota on the market. The seats are friendly to the bottom and the back is surprisingly spacious. The cavalier is an overall great car. Thanks mom and dad

Favorite Features

The ground effects are a major plus along with the fog lights. I absolutely love the sound system and rims. Keyless entry and Electric mirrors are a charm. Great five cupholders. Love the fading dome light along with the tissue holder in the glove compartment.

Suggested Improvements

Of course you cant do everything erfectly so there are so problems with the cavalier but they are few. The rear windows dont go down very far at all and even the front windows dont go down all the way. The braking is not so great either. Besides that the car is practically flawless.