Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Best car i have owned..it just keeps going and ...
By todd

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new off the dealer lot. I currently have over 235K miles and still getting 24MPG city driving. It uses about 1/2 qtr every 4k-5k miles. The clutch needed replacing at around 75K due to a failure on the springs, but the replacement GM clutch is still going in the car but is showing signs of needing to be replaced again after 160k miles. The original alternator gave out at 220K miles and i was still running the original serpentine belt. Other than these repairs and the usual repairs (brakes, rotors, struts, springs,filters, plugs, ect) the car is still on its original factory parts including ball joints, tie rods, CV joints, ect. But after 14 years the car is showing its age from michigan winters and such, but is still running strong. Goes to show you if you take car of the car and do the repairs/maintanence...it will run for a long long time.

Pretty Good Car
By shedsnomotearz

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car almost a year ago and the only problem I had was the front window motors burning out. Other than that, this is a great car to have. Pretty peppy 2.2L ECOTEC.

Leather Interior, rims

More leg room, Better place for cup holders, More powerful engine

Midnight
By cwilson179

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car on January 29, 2004. It has been the best car I have ever had! It is dark blue metallic. My car is 5 years old now. It still runs like new. I have taken care of my car very well. I always get compliments about how good of condition that my car is. Everyone loves the color of the car including me! The 2.2 ecotec so far is a very good engine I now have 82,000 miles on my car. I don't have any problem with the comfort with the interior of the car. I drive this car at least 40 miles per day mostly highway driving. It gets the same great gas mileage that I got the day that I got it! It gets between 30 and 32 mpg. I would not trade this car for anything.

The dark blue metallic color is the best color on a car I have every seen! My car origanally had the RDS stereo system in my car. Unfortunatley it did not last very long, but I changed the stereo in it. The speakers still work very well. I love my chrome wheels. I also love the 2.2 ecotec.

The speaker on the driver side didn't last very long. The switch in the door that turns the dome light and turns off the stereo needs improvements. My gas gauge hasn't ever worked. My dash has cracked, and I have already had to replace my shift boot on my 5 speed shifter.

cav review
By wow!!!cav

ITs is just awesome

moonroof, chrome rims

none, awesome

cute, economical, fun, AND sporty
By DanielleBradshaw

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i am a college student... i have only
had this car for 6 months and i love
it. i haven't had any problems. the
factory stereo system is awesome. it's
a cute car and also sporty and fun. it
gets great milage (about 32 on highway,
26 in town). good breaks system really
helped me out in the winter months...
awesome summer vehicle too!! can you
tell i love this car??

my favorite feature would have to be the wheels. the shiny sleek wheels really adds a lot to the looks of the car. i added tinted windows and it's a perfect sports sedan.

the front cupholders are a little hard to get to when you are driving... i don't know where else you'd put them though. that's my only complaint though.