2002 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Nice little car
By Cole Lutz on 04/30/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i like my cavalier. it's a fun little car to drive, easy to do upgrades to. i recently supercharged my cavvy from a 2001 Chevy cobalt ss, it picks up and goes. i like how it looks and it's a fun little car. The only bad thing is that it dents really easy! thats the only con. drives really nice. i also have a aem short ram intake on it to. fun car

Cursed from the start!
By moseschrute on 12/15/09 08:19 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to replace my 2000 4 door Cavalier that was totaled in a side impact crash. This car was built at Lordstown assembly; recalled 2x due to faulty wiring in the steering column (Potential for wires to melt & cause a fire). Dealership says problem was fixed, but I've found burnt wires near the gas pedal, the lights by the gear shift have burnt out, horn replaced many times, but constantly burns out (driving hornless since May-REAL safe), can`t install car starter b/c wiring unsafe, REALLY loud drive, constant rattling/squeaking, no power steering, cracked dash, heat/ac only works on full blast, ABS brakes GROAN & slow response time in snow/wet weather; only $500 trade-in value

Great Car
By TUowl05 on 07/31/07 18:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 2 door LS sport in July of 2003 with 5k miles on it. It was a great car that was extremely reliable and relatively fun to drive. I only had to replace the driver's side window motor as that went out at about 35k miles. Other than that the car was flawless. My only complaint was the paint is pretty crappy. You could scratch it with your fingernail. Despite waxing it reguraly nicks and scratches always seemed to pop up. I recently traded it in on an '06 Saab 9- 3 but even with the step up I still miss my Cavalier. It was a great little car during my college years. It had 55,000 miles on it when I got rid of it and was pleased with the $5k trade in I got for it.

I was satisfied...
By Martin on 11/27/05 22:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2 door Cavalier w/manual transmision in 2002 as replacement for lease of the same brand and make. I drive anually about 30000 miles and that car did all the hard work for me. I properly maintained; changed oil every 3K to 4K miles plus all the required maintenance. However I have to admit that car is loud, not comfortable, not even sporty - thank to decade old body and engine design, but it will do a run for you if you need. It has never let me down or broken on me even after 97 200 miles that I drove on it. I hope that new owner will like it because I just recently trade it for Honda. Good luck and many miles without problems.

Never Buy a Cavalier
By Jon&Stacy on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say they are good for gas milege. As a over all car would never own one again. They do not have any power and are very prone to break down. They are not worth your time or effort or money. They are only good cars if you want to spend the money onthem to repair.

Great Value
By SMR on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My last two vehicles were a Honda and Nissan. This time when shopping for a car the best value was a Cavalier. Nothing can compete for the price with traction control, ABS, cruise, power windows, CD. Mine drives great and I expect good dependability like my Cavalier I bought 10 years ago with less options for about the same price as the 02 I just bought. You can't beat it for value.

2002 Cavalier LS
By alrosu on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good. I've had 2 oil changes so far, one at the dealer and another at a local place in town, and both have overfilled my oil by at least 1/2 a quart.

I love it!!
By BeckyC on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great choice for new drivers. It was/is my first car and I absolutely love it!