SPORTY, QUICK, FUN AND RELIABLE...
By phoongdan on
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)
I have owned my LS sedan for going on 5 years now and it's been a pleasure to own and very fun to drive! I replaced the stock air filter with a K&N system, upgraded the stock exhaust to a racing exhaust, and use synthetic oil and the 140hp engine (about 150hp+ with the mods) and I have the 4-speed automatic with overdrive and the car literally can outrun most 4-cylinders and even some V-6's Not only is it quick, but I like the exterior and interior styling and the car has been exceptionally reliable. I've got over 135,000 miles on it and have only needed basic repairs like a water pump, radiator hoses, thermostat, and rear tail light socket replaced.
Favorite Features
The 2.2L engine matched with the 4-speed automatic overdrive transmission is a nice combination. The base sedan with the 5-speed manual just doesn't run as strong as the LS or the Z-24. Even 10-years later it's a nice-looking car. The paint is not faded (I have the metallic silver with clear coat) and the interior has held up well with the only problem being the plastic piece on the dashboard cracked. I have the bi-fuel model, but I've yet to use the natural gas option but it's a nice option to have in case gas gets to $10 a gallon!
Suggested Improvements
No suggested improvements - for the price you are paying it is hard to quibble about anything. I paid $3,300 for the car in 2007 and the car has held it's value. I even had someone at the car wash recently stop and ask if I wanted to sale it for $3,500. $3,300 for the initial investment, about $1,000 in repairs, about $500 in upgrades = about $5,000 in a car that just dusted a $30,000 Lexus a few days ago. LOL