2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: Cheap Sports Coupe

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Z24 Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Cheap Sports Coupe
By Matt on

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 weeks ago and so far the only problems have been a burned out fog light and a CD player that doesn't work. The engine on this car is strong and reminds me of my V6 Cavalier in that it's strong and responsive. Gas mileage isn't bad for a small car but could be better: 25 MPG. It rides a little harsh but that's what you get when you get the Z24. Exterior styling with the 16-inch wheels and black paint is attractive. The interior, while functional, is full of cheap plastics and rattles. I also don't like the location of the power window switches. I love the stereo and speakers though. Rear seat room is better than you'd think and the seats are much nicer than in the base model.

Favorite Features

Engine! Power, handling. Stereo (bass, RDS, Auto volume) too bad the CD doesn't work. Exterior styling. Keyless entry. Power features (except window switch location). 4-cyl fuel mileage but V6 power, stealthy black paint.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother tranny with a dipstick. A completely redesigned interior with better quality and window switch placement. Tail light operation with the keyless entry. More reliable CD player. Easier way to replace fog lights and add aftermarket stereo (needs special wiring).