Used 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Cheap Sports Coupe
By Matt

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 weeks ago and so far the only problems have been a burned out fog light and a CD player that doesn't work. The engine on this car is strong and reminds me of my V6 Cavalier in that it's strong and responsive. Gas mileage isn't bad for a small car but could be better: 25 MPG. It rides a little harsh but that's what you get when you get the Z24. Exterior styling with the 16-inch wheels and black paint is attractive. The interior, while functional, is full of cheap plastics and rattles. I also don't like the location of the power window switches. I love the stereo and speakers though. Rear seat room is better than you'd think and the seats are much nicer than in the base model.

Engine! Power, handling. Stereo (bass, RDS, Auto volume) too bad the CD doesn't work. Exterior styling. Keyless entry. Power features (except window switch location). 4-cyl fuel mileage but V6 power, stealthy black paint.

Smoother tranny with a dipstick. A completely redesigned interior with better quality and window switch placement. Tail light operation with the keyless entry. More reliable CD player. Easier way to replace fog lights and add aftermarket stereo (needs special wiring).

Keep Looking!
By SarahB

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for five months and needed to replace the head gasket and coolant system. The car has run warmer than it should since I got it, and just recently finally decided to overheat. This car is only at 51,000 miles. Keep searching for other cars!

Seats are slightly comfortable.

Great car
By Amanda

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Chevy Cavalier as a car to get me through university as I lived a long way from campus. It was great, reliable and because of the lower price, I was driving a much nicer car than most of my friends. For a first nice car, it was a great buy and I am looking into buying a newer model in the next few months

Great little car
By kyle

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice to drive. Fun but expensive for fuel. Good for 19-20 year olds. Not a family car at all

Sunroof, 5 speed, 2.4litre, rear spoiler, and much more

Fuel economy needs improvement

Reliable
By CM

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really great. I bought it new with only 15 miles on it. Since then, I have driven back and forth with it adding many miles on it within the four years that I have owned it. I average 20,000 miles a year. Most of those are freeway miles. I've had to repair my brakes twice. Once at about 40,000 miles and the second at about 80,000. Other than tire rotations and oil changes I have not needed to do any other repairs. I have been hit twice in this car. Both times it was my front bumper that took the damage. The other drivers have been at fault and my bumper only suffered a crack in the middle of the bumper. There was no interior damage in either accident. The bumpers are really tough

My radio display shows the title and artist playing on the radio. It has a roomy trunk.

• SUV