2001 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
the zed
By morbid zed on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car wrecked and has been one of the best investments I've made. ---FIX FOR THE GETRAG 5SPD RATTLE--- USE 2.5-3 QUARTS OF B&M TRICKSHIFT OR STICKSHIFT SYNTHETIC WITH .5 QUART OF SATURN

Favorite of Mine
By Alwyschevy on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd cavalier and 2nd Z24. I love the cars. Not as much as the old 3.1 V6, but this little car is fantastic. I love the spacier inside, the sound system is great, and I love the 5 speed version. I'd buy this car again.

2001 Z24 - It's still just a Cavelier
By eng21 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive...when I'm not bothered by all of the rattles and other noises inside the cabin. I can hear about 3 different noises at once sometimes. I'm very dissatisfied with the build quality of this car. It looks decent, performes decently, but sounds like it's falling apart already, and it's only about 2 years old. Transmission was replaced at 17,000k due to rattling noise in lower gear. I still hear a different noise when shifting at lower RPM (i.e. < 2700 RPM). I should have bought the Civic. Hind sight is 20/20

Cavalier
By Jamee on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutly love my cavalier. I have always wanted one & I finally got one & it's very fun to drive!

Great Lil Car!
By FastnFuriousgirl713 on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! It's great in snow. It's so sporty and cute! It has the small size, but the power to move. Great buy.

Solid car, good performance.
By DVW67 on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is our second Cavalier. Our first was a '97 LS with the 2.2L engine and 4sp auto. I opted this time for the 2.4L engine despite having a good experience with the 2.2L. The 2.4L mated to the 4sp auto is a better performer when getting onto the highway from the on-ramps. The noise level is about the same between both versions. As of this writing, we have 56,800 miles on our 2001 LS (yes, we drive ALOT) and it has performed flawlessly. If asked if I would buy another, I would answer yes if we were considering another compact sedan.

Ok
By Mr. Todd on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had motor mounts replaced twice , Blinkers have not worked beforew do not work now.

need new brakes
By pk2002 on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Cavalier in February of 2001. Since then I have made it to 50,000 miles with no major problems. (I have had to replace the tires once.) But now I am noticing a brake problem recently. The Chevy doesn't like to slow down in the rain or ice. So I have to go into the shop for a tune-up and new brakes. But if that is the only thing that goes wrong for the next 50 K miles, then I will be one happy driver. It is a good entry-level car, if you know what you are paying for. It is not a Honda or Toyota, or anything close to that! Make sure that you get all the rebates that come with the car!!!

nice starter car
By 1stnewcar on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

good value for the money

I love my cavalier!!!
By LannUNCC on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cavalier brand new,almost 2 years ago and I have not had any problems with it. The main reasons behind me buying a Cavalier is the price, the look, and the quality. The prices is very reasonable, even for a young person like myself. It's a really nice looking car, has a very sporty look...a definite eye catcher for young people. And I couldn't ask for a more dependable car.