2001 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Getting fed up!!
By Jessica Cardona on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Had A/C problems since I took it off the lot!! Had to be brought back every summer since date of purchase for the A/C. Freon is coming through my vents!! Crack occured after 30,000 miles on the dashboard. Check engine light always comes on, but they cannot find anything wrong with it. (so they say)..Shutters on the highway after reaching 70mph. Sometimes it hesitates on startup. Hesitates a lot when not in motion. Pain in the butt to change headlight bulbs.

Don't buy one!
By Ali00 on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had the strut mounts replaced twice within 20,000 miles and now, at 35,000 they are squeaking again. Very soon after I purchased the car, the rattles and sqeaks started. The engine runs very loud (again, more rattles). I had to have part of the dash replaced, because that cracked fter approx 15k miles. The A/C fan makes a loud clicking noise for about the first 10 min. it's on. I know, I did not purchase a Mercedes, but after 35k miles, I expected a ittle more. I will never purchase a Chevy car ever again.

By Deletrea on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car.

Good Bang for the Buck!
By Matt Parsons on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a big guy, live in a remote part of Canada and needed an inexpensive car to buy and operate winter or summer, and if I had problems it needed a great dealer network. I found it all in the Cavalier. There were other cars near this range but when all else was equal the Cavalier also looked the best. My opinion. Sunfire was nice too but over my price range.

Poorly built
By Will Neverbuyanother on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fairly quick & comfortable. Transmission makes horrible noises(GM refuses to repair) front struts rattle, Sunroof drainhole (RH front) plugged causing wet roof liner, flaking paint around gas cap (when brand new) LH power mirror quit adjusting, Loud whistle from sunroof at highway speeds, radiator reservoir cap broke, sqeaks, rattles everywhere, engine runs hot when idling(rad fan rarely comes on)

Old Reliable
By RileyA2345 on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Only one repair in 45000 miles, a brake job, and Pittsburgh has many hills! Routine maintaince at my local mechanic(oil change,lub and filter, with air adjustments in tires). Tires are still original equipment as is battery and all other parts. Mileage is about 22 around town and 30 on trips. I'd recommend this car.

good little car.
By chasler on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I get 35 miles to the gallon! It rides nice and handles great. Just a good value in a small car.

Ms. Fed Up
By Honda Luver 4 life on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I do not have a happy report about this model. back to the dealer a total of fifteen (15) times, I've had my driver door serviced for loud noises, ignition switch & lock replaced,AC serviced twice, battery replaced for leaking acid, check ingine light stayed on for days,my theft deterent system had to be reprogrammed, the coil had to be replaced, going 70mph on the highway the car just shut off on me (and this happened twice), fuel pump had to be replaced, cd had to be replaced. I never know when I'm gonna stall on the highway driving this vehicle.

Love my girl
By Changita on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cavalier is three years old this month and I still love her. Had a few problems with the converter at first but since replacement she's been running like a champ. Driven across the country 3 times and never had a single problem. She's small, sporty, and reliable.

Cavalier
By Nana83 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cavalier. It is fun and easy to drive and it is really good on gas.