2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Reliable small car
By Darwin on 08/20/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new and now have 86000 km of mixed city and highway driving. Also have a trailer hitch and frequently pull a utility trailer and a small boat trailer with no problems. Automatic transmission is reliable and smooth. This is not a race car or very flashy but good reliable transportation. Had to replace the front wheel bearings - driver side last fall and passenger side this spring.

2001 Cavalier
By Linda on 07/25/07 19:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is GREAT! I got into a wreck where another driver hit me head on, and broke my windsheild and also made my airbags bust. But my engine was in GOOD shape nothing happened to it. Thank God!! This goes to show you that the engine in this car is GREATLY MADE!

Keep Looking!
By SarahB on 10/02/06 06:46 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for five months and needed to replace the head gasket and coolant system. The car has run warmer than it should since I got it, and just recently finally decided to overheat. This car is only at 51,000 miles. Keep searching for other cars!

Old Reliable
By RileyA2345 on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Only one repair in 45000 miles, a brake job, and Pittsburgh has many hills! Routine maintaince at my local mechanic(oil change,lub and filter, with air adjustments in tires). Tires are still original equipment as is battery and all other parts. Mileage is about 22 around town and 30 on trips. I'd recommend this car.

need new brakes
By pk2002 on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Cavalier in February of 2001. Since then I have made it to 50,000 miles with no major problems. (I have had to replace the tires once.) But now I am noticing a brake problem recently. The Chevy doesn't like to slow down in the rain or ice. So I have to go into the shop for a tune-up and new brakes. But if that is the only thing that goes wrong for the next 50 K miles, then I will be one happy driver. It is a good entry-level car, if you know what you are paying for. It is not a Honda or Toyota, or anything close to that! Make sure that you get all the rebates that come with the car!!!