Used 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

I'd buy another one right now.
By Chuck Hays

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a cheap car to get to work in, found this one for sale nearby. Paid 1800 for it with 228k on it. It was fairly clean and drove well. I have had to do a few things to it to keep everything operational, but I am a mechanic, so no biggie. I drive like I stole it, change the oil regularly and it just turned 309 k. Good value for the money.

dont buy ever
By dontbuythiscar

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008 and had it for 7 years put to much into the car to say always a problem with something just an all around bad car

None

Don't buy

Good Car For Teen
By 631rob1991

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had the Z24 model which had good power. For it's price it was great. Interior os too small with very little space in the back seat and trunk. If you're over 6'2" no way to drive as the roof is very low. Stylish.

Great Car!
By brantm21

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2001. Great, Great car. It is one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever drove. It now has 145,000 miles on it, and still strong. The good: They dont make great cars like this anymore; Drives and rides great; Great fuel economy 33HW 29C; The Bad: Cheap Interior; Bad for ball joints, but easy fix; Other than that fantastic car and very reliable. I use this car for everything. Long trips, back and forth to work, grocery getter. If you looking for something cheap and fun this is the car for you.

Z24 provides good power and torque through the power band. Parts easily accessible, and cheap.

Wish it had the Cobalt interior.

Reliable & sporty 2001 Z24
By Dano

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our 2001 Chev Z24 new & it doesn't owe us a thing. We replaced the plugs,tires & battery this year (2009)after 120,000 km.'s of all kinds of Canadian weather & road conditions. It has a rattle coming from the front tire area which I suspect it's a bad strut. All in all not bad performance for a car creeping up on 10 years old. It is a 5-spd. & is fun too drive with plenty of "omf" when you need it. One of our better large purchases in our lives. I would recommend it.

The body lines and the zip you get out of the 2.4 litre engine are my favorite features.