Used 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Efficient, fun ride. Cosmetic issues, however.
By Alex Hammond

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car with around 30k miles on. Everything has been fine with the car up until about 165k miles where some interior and exterior cosmetic issues began to happen. The paint on the hood, roof, and front bumper began to either fall off or fade. Not sure if this is due to sun damage, bird poop, or factory quality but I have seen many other Cavaliers with the same issue. Also, the dashboard piece near the window has cracked horribly and the faux leather cover around the stick shift has ripped. Although these things come with age, the dash should not crack like it did. Overall good features are that the car is amazingly comfy, fun to drive, and offers good mileage. The downsides are the cosmetic issues, horrible placement of temperature and directional AC knobs, and headlights.

Nobody loves their cavalier like me
By Layla

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My grandfather bought this car back in like 2006. I don't know how many miles it had when my grandpa purchased the car for $3,000 but I have had the car for a year and a half and when I got it it had 188,000 miles on it and now has 206,000 miles on it. I love this car. I remember taking it all over the place when I was younger. I have never had any problems with this car whatsoever. No repairs other than a new muffler and exhaust pipe needing replaced. My car always starts and always gets me where I need to go. No problems ever except my headlights suck but that was caused by a collision with a deer. Great gas mileage. I love this car. It's about time for me to get another car since this one is getting so old and so many miles on it but I'm having trouble with the thought of parting with my cavalier. My grandpa always had cavaliers and if you take care of them I swear they can go forever. We know a man down the road that has 300,000 miles on his! My cavalier is 3 different colors and has carpeted seats, I never thought I would love it this much but I do. GREAT VALUE I LOVE THIS CAR

I'd buy another one right now.
By Chuck Hays

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a cheap car to get to work in, found this one for sale nearby. Paid 1800 for it with 228k on it. It was fairly clean and drove well. I have had to do a few things to it to keep everything operational, but I am a mechanic, so no biggie. I drive like I stole it, change the oil regularly and it just turned 309 k. Good value for the money.

dont buy ever
By dontbuythiscar

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008 and had it for 7 years put to much into the car to say always a problem with something just an all around bad car

None

Don't buy

Good and Bad, more Bad than good.
By murrieta123

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car used in 2010 with 104K miles for $1300. It was in great shape, no mechanical issues. I kept really good care of the car.
Interior Issues: Dash is made of cheap plastic. It started cracking and falling apart. right now its barely hanging on. i'm thinking of just taking it off and buying one of those carpet covers that they sell to cover it. Its very ugly and embarrassing to have friends see it.
Mechanical Issues: none, thats why i put up with the crappy interior.
The car is sluggish, it won't burn rubber so don't try. Not for those who have the need for speed. I drive slow so i don't care about that stuff. I do not recommend this car.

The car is so dull that nothing really stands out.

I suggest that chevy should use quality materials for their cars so that 10 years down the road, it doesn't fall apart.