2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: Great car!

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great car!
By stevewl1164 on

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April 2009 and it had 118k, four door and three speed automatic. I paid $1100 for it. It had a new set of Michelins too! The dash near the windshield cracked and now has chunks missing. The original stereo/CD died. It uses no oil between changes. I replaced the radiator, the alternator, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. As of June 2014 it has 186k. I usually get 28 mpg in mixed driving, but sometimes get 30. I figured for $1100 if it lasted a year I could give it away and not be out anything. Five plus years later it is still going strong. Mine has the old OHV 2.2...never had an engine or transmission issue, nor check engine light. I may never get this lucky again.

Size, four door convenience, large trunk opening, large trunk and the fold down rear seat folds flat...rare. The storage between the seats in the console as well as the glove box is great. It is fun to drive and easy to see out of....no blind spots.

The interior plastics discolored and cracked with age. and the HVAC controls are blocked when you have drinks in cup holders. Pretty short gripe list.