2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: Good inexpensive car

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Review

Good inexpensive car
By linban on

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for a cheap economical commuter car. My uncle has owned 5 Chevy Cavaliers and recommended I buy this used one. His last one had 160,000 miles with no major mechanical issues and was still going strong. I have had no problems with mine. It had 73,000 miles on it when I bought it. I pushed it past 90 mph to see how it would handle, and it ran smooth. Granted there is alot of road noise and you feel like you are sitting close to the ground. But for a cheap little car, it is great.

It handles great. It has a huge trunk, with fold down seats for a small car. It handles great and manuveurs easily into small places. It has some storage inside and many cup holders. I also like the shifter on the floor.

I have the no frills model, so not much for me to say. It is cramped inside for my family of 5 (with 2 car seats). The seats dont adjust up for shorter people. Less road noise (more metal or lining) would be nice. For a small car it should get better gas mileage, I average 24 mpg.