2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
For sale or trade
By Percy Avram on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

Our experience with this vehicle has been good. It is my wife's car. She is 82 and can no longer drive. The car is in excellent condition with 39,600 miles It is maroon red color with a grey interior, power-steering, air- conditioner, radio and automatic transmission. Original tires.

best economy car
By adrian on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I have been extremely satisfied with the car, the editor's review here is very unfair. Best exterior design by far among everything out there, powerful engine, ABS and other options are standard (compare with Civic or others in this class), and last but not least good price (compare again with competition such as Honda) Crash results are listed here as poor, but i've had a serious accident and it behaved very well - both airbags went off, the front of the car was smashed, but i was just fine, with no injuries.

best economy car
By Adrian on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

It's a Trooper!
By DCGirl on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

All I can say is this car has been good to us! We have driven across the country from Washington, DC to California TWICE with not a peep from our Cavalier (except for locking the keys out in South Dakota). My only complaint is how easily it gets dinged and dented, even with very minor impact.

nice car!
By diaster24 on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

ive had no problems what so ever with my car i got a really good prive on it and i love it its pretty fast with a cold air intake this one is worth buying!

Big woman in small car & still happy
By pessimisticrealist on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I am a 6'1" 300+ pound all woman who was in search of a car that would get better mpg than the piece of @#*) I was driving. I was having alot of problems due to my size. I couldn't get into most 4drs because the doors are just too darn short. I wanted an American automobile & had just about decided to buy a Kia Sephia (four door bunches of room) when someone at work bought a 2dr Cavalier & I borrowed it to run to the store.Except for the small hip area & lack of length on the seat belt,I fell in love.It took a little while to get used to the enormous dash area but otherwise,I loved it. It has room enough for my husband & I.

Good Quality car
By -dood- on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This car is a good quality car to drive. It has a sporty exterior that turns eyes and a good midsized engine that performs very well. I have had little trouble with the car and it doesnt look like i will have much later either.

2000 Chev Z24 review
By ORF on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

My Z24 outperforms other compact coupes in many ways. It was thousands of dollars (Cdn) cheaper than Japanese rivals and the 150hp engine offers ample mid-range torque that most Japanese engines don't have. Shifting is crisp and smooth with the Getrag 5- speed. Ride is stiff but helps a lot keeping the car stable during cornering. Reliability is better than expected. The only problems I have encountered so far were the erratic fuel guage and battery leakage, which were fixed under warranty. Overall the car is very fun to drive and inexpensive to own.

2000 Cavalier
By rips on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

The car runs great. It has been in Florida the whole time and has not been exposed to the winter elements and salt from the roads.

Cavaliers are Awsome!!!
By apracing on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

i dont know why this rating is soo low people must just be writting crap without knowing what they are talking about. For a very affordable price the cavalier is the perfect car for any student high scool or college!!