Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

R.I.P.
By Stef B

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

My Cavilier was the first car I ever owned and I loved it. It looked great, was comfortable, and was fun to drive. The only problems I ever had with it were your basic wear and tear fix ups, considering it did have a few miles on it when I bought it. Other then that it was a great car. I've read on the internet that Caviliers are considered "death traps" but I'd have to disagree. I was in a severe accident in mine and that car saved me and my friends who were with me when the wreck happened. I'd consider these cars to be very safe and reliable, great for a kid's first car. It would have lasted me a long time if my wreck hadn't happened.

Great gas mileage. Comfortable driving. And it just looks good.

The electrical system in this year is known to have some problems. I'd ask about that.

2000 4 door Cavalier
By sher

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. After 3 months the rods blew, the trunk broke, the dash has 6 cracks. Seats are very hard on back. Very noisy ride. Fan motor broke after 55,000 miles. Brakes squal even though they were fixed. CD player broke after 4 years old

Gas mileage OK. Handles OK

Better plastic on dash. More comfortable seating.

Best little car ever!
By Jes

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this sweet little car right out of high school and have enjoyed it every day since. The only thing I have ever done to my car is get new tires and oil changes. It has never broke down or needed anything replaced. I have driven it hundreds of miles across the country and it is very comfortable for a little cheap car. I have to sell it now because I need a four door car for my new little baby. I am going to cry when my sweet little Cavalier goes away!

Cute exterior and interior. Great gas mpg!

Nothing, it's the best.

Great little car for your money
By Kari

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new and I'm just now trading it in. The only reason I'm trading it, is because I need a bigger car for a family of 5. I wouldn't trade it if I didn't have too. It's been the best car I have ever owned. I've only put on 81,600 miles on it and it still drives like its new. Had someone back into me but my father was able to pull the dent out and it doesn't look so bad. Only had to replace the tires and brakes. Great car for your money. I'll miss her, I've been through a marriage and divorce and now a new family with her. I hope the next person loves her as much as I have.

Great gas mileage, sporty look, good get up and go, and very reliable.

Longer lasting AC.

Great little car!
By Cheryl

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I have owned this car for 2 years (bought used) and have had no major problems. It handles very well even in the snow, and has a ton of spunk. The gas mileage is unbelievable, I get 28/city, 35hwy! Super fun to drive, nice tight steering and lots of acceleration, great sound system and convertible is perfect in the summer!

gas mileage! Handles tight and smooth, sharp corners, easy maintenance

Classier interior, a dash that doesn't crack at the heat vent, interior trunk button would be nice, but good car for the money

• SUV