2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great car!
By stevewl1164 on 06/17/14 19:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April 2009 and it had 118k, four door and three speed automatic. I paid $1100 for it. It had a new set of Michelins too! The dash near the windshield cracked and now has chunks missing. The original stereo/CD died. It uses no oil between changes. I replaced the radiator, the alternator, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. As of June 2014 it has 186k. I usually get 28 mpg in mixed driving, but sometimes get 30. I figured for $1100 if it lasted a year I could give it away and not be out anything. Five plus years later it is still going strong. Mine has the old OHV 2.2...never had an engine or transmission issue, nor check engine light. I may never get this lucky again.

Great little car!
By cakesa3 on 12/13/10 22:49 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I drive a 2000 cavalier which has taken my sister through High school, and is now taking me through college. It is a great little car! It has only given minor problems which u can expect from any car. When we got the car, it was abandoned by its current owner. It did not run and it needed a new transmission, but my uncle who is a mechanic saved its life. :) I don't like to see people bash this car-or American makes period. No, its not the most comfortable car. But if thats what your wanting, then your going to pay more. This is a simple car-to get you from point A to B. If your looking for something more luxurious, GM does make the Cadillac. Now there's 116,000 miles and still running strong!

Eight and a half years of good driving.
By A.B. on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Yesterday I bid a fond farewell to a close friend after 8 1/2 years. I got my Cavalier in March 2002 as a high school graduation present from my grandmother. I have to say, the Cav did its job and then some. I went to college 3-4 hours away from home, and I now live a half hour away from where I now work, and have done the commute for 4 years now. The Cavalier was great on gas and kept me safe on one of the worst, most congested Interstates in the country. From an old man t-boning me after running a stop sign to skidding on ice on the Interstate, hitting a snow bank, and the only damage being a bent license plate, this car's toughness isn't to be underestimated. I loved the old gal!

It's a cheap survivor
By Canadian on 04/04/07 10:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased in early 2003 with 76,000 kilometers and has been faithful year after year. The brutally cold winters have failed to prevent cold starts. I have kept all regular maintenance considering the less than stellar ratings tagging this car. I changed the auto transmission fluid at 110000 kilometers on Nov 2005. On Nov 2006, only 20,000 km later, the transmission began to grind, and shortly thereafter, died. This was a major disappointment, as the vehicle was always driven in a manner to prolong it's service life. Thankfully, I was able to find a used transmission with 69000 kilometers for a cheap (albeit unwelcome) $350.00 CAD.

Love this car
By heather stevens on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I always love to drive this car. It is cost effective and very reliable. It is a great car for first getting out of college.

Gonna Drive this Until it Dies
By Derrick G on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I currently have just over 135,000 miles on this car and I bought it brand new. I have had no problems. (Just a couple of recalls that were taken care very quickly.) I still get over 30 miles per gallon. It's a little rough on the inside when compared to other vehicles, but it gets the job done.

Shaky Brakes
By RaYcH on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I agree with the person who said there is vibrating feel with the brakes sometimes. It's weird. Overall, I love my car. It looks good and drives well. I had some problems with the Solinoid(not sure of the spelling) when I first bought it. Took the dealership a while to figure out what was wrong. Guess thats what I get for buying a used car. But it's a great car for a good price.

2000 Cavalier 4 Dr. Sedan
By Chongsah on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has positives: nice body style, good gas mileage, nice interior, etc. However, something is not right with the ABS. Kind of scary. When brakes are applied (while slowing down to turn, stopping, etc. even on dry pavement), there's a hum, a vibration under your foot through the brake pedal, brakes lock up anyway and I've slid (in snow) before the car stops. A few times, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to stop in time and no, I wasn't driving fast at all, driving through residential streets. Also, power window on front passenger side stopped working after only 40K miles. Difficult to get in and out of the back seats, even though it's a 4 door.

For sale or trade
By Percy Avram on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Our experience with this vehicle has been good. It is my wife's car. She is 82 and can no longer drive. The car is in excellent condition with 39,600 miles It is maroon red color with a grey interior, power-steering, air- conditioner, radio and automatic transmission. Original tires.

It's a Trooper!
By DCGirl on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

All I can say is this car has been good to us! We have driven across the country from Washington, DC to California TWICE with not a peep from our Cavalier (except for locking the keys out in South Dakota). My only complaint is how easily it gets dinged and dented, even with very minor impact.