Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Hate to think of ever replacing her
By Brian

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Cavalier 4dr stick- shift new in 2000. Just needed fuel efficient transportation and never expected to fall in love w/her. This car has done it all. I have pulled a small trailer with it since new and still only just replaced the clutch once at 109k miles. Consistently gets 36 mpg on interstate and 28-30 daily driving. I have had this car most people wouldn't take a 4wd truck. As for design and ride comfort, it's a cavalier not a mercedes. This car has 116k miles and I hope I get another 10 yrs out of her. I hope one day, when I finally have to let her go, that I can find another ride as great as this car.

Great mpg, extremely reliable, and run to drive.

Typical cheap car issues, interior noise, harder ride on rough roads, and outdated design even in 2000.

an excellent car for first later drivers
By john brittain

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

an ideal car for small family.all the features needed for an efficient vehicle and good engine performance. fold down rear seat for lots of storage space.disc radio with very good sound.rear door safety lock feature. strong body construction. manual locks and windows which i wanted to avoid costly electrical repairs(as on a pontiac ste which i had.)

good ride & adequate speed when needed. good allaround view, tidy engine with easy access to needed maintenance.

improved seating and more comfortable suspension. very handsome body exterior design.

Reliable
By Kevin

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

We purchased our 2000 Cavalier in October of 1999. We have 123,000 miles on the car. We get 28 mpg average between city and highway. We have the 2.2 litre engine. The car is very easy to drive and still runs very well. We have had very little trouble out of it. It has been very reliable. No leaks of any kind, and everything works. Still looks good and I enjoy driving it every day. We paid $13,000 for it new and have had the car for nearly ten years. I have no plans to sell or trade my Cavalier. I have owned many different cars from many different manufacturers, but I have kept this one the longest and have found it to be the most reliable.

Practical. Reliable. Economical.

R.I.P.
By Stef B

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Cavilier was the first car I ever owned and I loved it. It looked great, was comfortable, and was fun to drive. The only problems I ever had with it were your basic wear and tear fix ups, considering it did have a few miles on it when I bought it. Other then that it was a great car. I've read on the internet that Caviliers are considered "death traps" but I'd have to disagree. I was in a severe accident in mine and that car saved me and my friends who were with me when the wreck happened. I'd consider these cars to be very safe and reliable, great for a kid's first car. It would have lasted me a long time if my wreck hadn't happened.

Great gas mileage. Comfortable driving. And it just looks good.

The electrical system in this year is known to have some problems. I'd ask about that.

2000 4 door Cavalier
By sher

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. After 3 months the rods blew, the trunk broke, the dash has 6 cracks. Seats are very hard on back. Very noisy ride. Fan motor broke after 55,000 miles. Brakes squal even though they were fixed. CD player broke after 4 years old

Gas mileage OK. Handles OK

Better plastic on dash. More comfortable seating.