Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great car!
By stevewl1164

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April 2009 and it had 118k, four door and three speed automatic. I paid $1100 for it. It had a new set of Michelins too! The dash near the windshield cracked and now has chunks missing. The original stereo/CD died. It uses no oil between changes. I replaced the radiator, the alternator, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. As of June 2014 it has 186k. I usually get 28 mpg in mixed driving, but sometimes get 30. I figured for $1100 if it lasted a year I could give it away and not be out anything. Five plus years later it is still going strong. Mine has the old OHV 2.2...never had an engine or transmission issue, nor check engine light. I may never get this lucky again.

Size, four door convenience, large trunk opening, large trunk and the fold down rear seat folds flat...rare. The storage between the seats in the console as well as the glove box is great. It is fun to drive and easy to see out of....no blind spots.

The interior plastics discolored and cracked with age. and the HVAC controls are blocked when you have drinks in cup holders. Pretty short gripe list.

Great little car!
By cakesa3

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I drive a 2000 cavalier which has taken my sister through High school, and is now taking me through college. It is a great little car! It has only given minor problems which u can expect from any car. When we got the car, it was abandoned by its current owner. It did not run and it needed a new transmission, but my uncle who is a mechanic saved its life. :) I don't like to see people bash this car-or American makes period. No, its not the most comfortable car. But if thats what your wanting, then your going to pay more. This is a simple car-to get you from point A to B. If your looking for something more luxurious, GM does make the Cadillac. Now there's 116,000 miles and still running strong!

n/a

n/a

Hate to think of ever replacing her
By Brian

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Cavalier 4dr stick- shift new in 2000. Just needed fuel efficient transportation and never expected to fall in love w/her. This car has done it all. I have pulled a small trailer with it since new and still only just replaced the clutch once at 109k miles. Consistently gets 36 mpg on interstate and 28-30 daily driving. I have had this car most people wouldn't take a 4wd truck. As for design and ride comfort, it's a cavalier not a mercedes. This car has 116k miles and I hope I get another 10 yrs out of her. I hope one day, when I finally have to let her go, that I can find another ride as great as this car.

Great mpg, extremely reliable, and run to drive.

Typical cheap car issues, interior noise, harder ride on rough roads, and outdated design even in 2000.

Eight and a half years of good driving.
By A.B.

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Yesterday I bid a fond farewell to a close friend after 8 1/2 years. I got my Cavalier in March 2002 as a high school graduation present from my grandmother. I have to say, the Cav did its job and then some. I went to college 3-4 hours away from home, and I now live a half hour away from where I now work, and have done the commute for 4 years now. The Cavalier was great on gas and kept me safe on one of the worst, most congested Interstates in the country. From an old man t-boning me after running a stop sign to skidding on ice on the Interstate, hitting a snow bank, and the only damage being a bent license plate, this car's toughness isn't to be underestimated. I loved the old gal!

Cruise control, great stereo for factor-built, comfortable ride, VERY gas efficient, safe.

If you get one be warned: the compressor in my Cavalier, plus everyone else's I know who owns/ed one, will leak, and during hot summer months, it's NOT fun. Mine still held vacuum, but needed refrigerant added every year. This model, though, I would recommend if your new driver needs/wants wheels!

an excellent car for first later drivers
By john brittain

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

an ideal car for small family.all the features needed for an efficient vehicle and good engine performance. fold down rear seat for lots of storage space.disc radio with very good sound.rear door safety lock feature. strong body construction. manual locks and windows which i wanted to avoid costly electrical repairs(as on a pontiac ste which i had.)

good ride & adequate speed when needed. good allaround view, tidy engine with easy access to needed maintenance.

improved seating and more comfortable suspension. very handsome body exterior design.