2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Fun little car
By outdoorsy24 on 07/09/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this in highschool. It was fun, looked cool for the year, got great gas mileage, and never gave me any issues.

Reliable and Sporty
By Z24 on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I have been driving this car for about 6 years and it has been pretty reliable overall. It has over 100,000 miles and still runs well. Some repairs needed include replacing the front wheel bearings, replacing the part that holds the muffler, and replacing the serpentine belt several times. At one time, the check engine light went on and the dealer said it needed new oxygen sensors. I did not get them replaced and it still runs fine and no longer has a check engine light on. There is some rust developing on certain parts, especially the side panel under the gasoline door. This car is easy and comfortable to drive. It is fast enough when you need it and still gets good mileage.

z24 cavalier
By Jerry on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I've owned a z24 for 7 yrs. Bought it off lease with 50k and its been very reliable, cheap transportation. Never had anything but routine maintenance and minor stuff to do. I am actually surprised at how good this car has been as I didn't expect too much from a cavalier except economy. Everything about it is economical (repairs, mileage etc). Handling is good. Ok in winter but better get real good snow tires.

Good car for the price
By Jason on 05/21/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car cause I wanted a 5-speed car that was cheap on gas. I have had good success with GM vehicles. The car has plenty of power when needed, but enough low end power to pass without down shifting at highway speeds and to no have to rev it up just to get it going around town. There were issues I had to correct from previous owners attempts at repair. Things that are actually problems were the brake rotors that warp and turn signal stalk/cruise control/head light switch (multi function). Rotors are an easy fix as any aftermarket fix the issue, performance rotors and pads help with pedal feel though. Suspension is compliant and handles ok, but could use sway bars and strut towers.

Z Power
By Tank on 12/05/08 11:04 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I was looking for a winter car and never considered buying an American car, much less a Cavalier. To my surprise this little Z24 is fantastic, I only paid $2500 for it and that is a steal compared to anything else in the market in that good of shape, No rust...no fuss. Although it is not perfect it is very fun to drive and reliable so far. If I get 2 years out of this car, wow, I will buy another.

2000 Z24 is very reliable
By RicanZ24 on 01/27/08 20:47 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this car from the very begining. I always kept up with the maintenance. Never had any major problems with it. The thing I can complain about is the famous crack in the dash that everyone gets. I had this fixed and it cracked on me again. Too much plastic. The paint job GM has on the car is cheap. After 5 years my paints was starting to peel off. Its going on 8 years now and the roof, trunk and hood are in bad condition due to sun damage. Other than that my car runs like a champ. As long as you take care of your car it will take care of you in the long run.

My Z24
By pat s on 09/18/07 01:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 and I must say, it is so much faster and more fun than it looks. My brother drives a 2002 Impala and my Z24 is much faster and more enjoyable to drive. I am also impressed with how easily this car can be modified into a real racer. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Love It!
By Mitchell on 09/11/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I am 17 and this is my first car. I bought it with 93,000 miles. It is fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage. The only problems that I am having are, the sunroof switch has a short and will only open all the way if its been in the sun. It has great acceleration, and response. I also need to fix the struts in the front, but it's not the car's fault.

Whits review
By Whitney on 11/23/05 02:54 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

This car has given me a fair amount of trouble. I have had to replace the motor and timing chain. The brakes are going out and the paint on the spoiler is starting to fade and chip away.It has not been very reliable for me.

cavalier
By jamie24 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

The only problem I have ever had with my car is the driver side window (power window) stopped working.