Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

First Car
By DomF

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2010, meaning it was already 10 years old. It had about 88,000 miles on it. For a 10 year old car, it sure didn't seem like one. Maybe because it's my first car and I'm just in love with the idea of a car but I think it is the greatest. It is very easy and cheap to maintain and runs great. I am very satisfied with the interior and exterior. There really isn't anything I feel I would change about this car.

The interior material, the radio (the stock radio is great), large back seat which is hard to come by with coupes, large trunk, GREAT gas mileage.

Heat vent that doesn't crack which is common with most cavaliers.

Never Again
By Never Again

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased the car used but from a dealer with 43,000 miles on it. It is a 5 speed manual. I have now replaced the transmission 2 times and the thing is acting up again. I am a trained tractor-trailer driver and have had no problems with any of my truck transmissions. There seems to be a poor design and the parts used to build the hydraulic clutch are simply terrible (plastic). The thing has shaken, rattled, and rolled since I first bought it with little things like knobs falling off all the time. Although, I will say the engine has lasted, but I am sure it is going next. It just does not seem like the people at GM cared about craftsmanship or quality. Do not buy one, especially a stick.

The look with the rear spoiler

5 speed manual transmission is terrible, simply terrible.

Love my Cavalier
By jennybear

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is my second cavalier. The first one I had was a 91 and Chevy had made major improvements by 2000. I bought my vehicle second hand at 30,000 miles, and have loved the drive ever since. She is good in the snow. (as good as you can get without 4 wheel drive) She is dependable. The only part that I have had to repeatedly replace is a chip in the dash for the heat. I have only had to replace this 2 times in 10 years so that is not bad. Plus it's a cheap part to replace, like 10 dollars. Otherwise a little cramped in the back seat, but as a driver comfortable seats, fun to drive, dependable, durable, and I think Ill try to keep it for another 10 years.

body style, bucket seats

added a cd player, wish mine had a sun roof. maybe more back seat space, but roomy enough for 2 people or 3 children.

Great Car
By donnn

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this car since the day I turned 16, and I've loved every minute with it. I drive over 60 miles a day, and this car has NEVER let me down in the least bit. I have not had to repair a single thing in the 60,000 miles that I've had it. Starts in the coldest weather, and goes through any kind of weather like a champ. Its great on gas, and I'm always getting compliments on how sharp looking it is. Treat this car well, and it will run forever.

RELIABILITY, handling, overall look, awesome sound system, and how quick it is.

Its a quick car, but it can be a little underpowered at times; not often. Can also be a little noisy on the expressway.

Love My Chevy
By BiMi

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2006 and have loved every minute. It is so reliable and the gas mileage is astounding. The dash and cracks around the vents and radio are discouraging. So much of the cosmetic parts of the car have broken off. My husband and I have driven from Florida to Philly, Philly to Virginia (4 times). It has done extremely well. My husband used to make fun of my "sissy car". his car broke down, but mine keeps on going and going. He stopped calling it my "sissy car". It is now "our car".

Gas mileage, reliability.

Cracked dash, cracked dash, cracked dash. It makes the car look horrible. I hear other chevy models suffer from the same problem. Some parts are expensive.