Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Fun little car
By outdoorsy24

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this in highschool. It was fun, looked cool for the year, got great gas mileage, and never gave me any issues.

Favorite Features

Peppy Engine Coupe Styling Alloy Wheels

Suggested Improvements

Tinted Windows

Reliable and Sporty
By Z24

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I have been driving this car for about 6 years and it has been pretty reliable overall. It has over 100,000 miles and still runs well. Some repairs needed include replacing the front wheel bearings, replacing the part that holds the muffler, and replacing the serpentine belt several times. At one time, the check engine light went on and the dealer said it needed new oxygen sensors. I did not get them replaced and it still runs fine and no longer has a check engine light on. There is some rust developing on certain parts, especially the side panel under the gasoline door. This car is easy and comfortable to drive. It is fast enough when you need it and still gets good mileage.

Favorite Features

Remote entry, exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

None.

First Car
By DomF

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2010, meaning it was already 10 years old. It had about 88,000 miles on it. For a 10 year old car, it sure didn't seem like one. Maybe because it's my first car and I'm just in love with the idea of a car but I think it is the greatest. It is very easy and cheap to maintain and runs great. I am very satisfied with the interior and exterior. There really isn't anything I feel I would change about this car.

Favorite Features

The interior material, the radio (the stock radio is great), large back seat which is hard to come by with coupes, large trunk, GREAT gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Heat vent that doesn't crack which is common with most cavaliers.

z24 cavalier
By Jerry

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I've owned a z24 for 7 yrs. Bought it off lease with 50k and its been very reliable, cheap transportation. Never had anything but routine maintenance and minor stuff to do. I am actually surprised at how good this car has been as I didn't expect too much from a cavalier except economy. Everything about it is economical (repairs, mileage etc). Handling is good. Ok in winter but better get real good snow tires.

Favorite Features

reliability, gas mileage (28-30 mpg)

Suggested Improvements

road noise on highway, heater fan is crap at low setting

Never Again
By Never Again

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased the car used but from a dealer with 43,000 miles on it. It is a 5 speed manual. I have now replaced the transmission 2 times and the thing is acting up again. I am a trained tractor-trailer driver and have had no problems with any of my truck transmissions. There seems to be a poor design and the parts used to build the hydraulic clutch are simply terrible (plastic). The thing has shaken, rattled, and rolled since I first bought it with little things like knobs falling off all the time. Although, I will say the engine has lasted, but I am sure it is going next. It just does not seem like the people at GM cared about craftsmanship or quality. Do not buy one, especially a stick.

Favorite Features

The look with the rear spoiler

Suggested Improvements

5 speed manual transmission is terrible, simply terrible.