2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Fun little car
By outdoorsy24 on 07/09/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this in highschool. It was fun, looked cool for the year, got great gas mileage, and never gave me any issues.

Reliable and Sporty
By Z24 on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I have been driving this car for about 6 years and it has been pretty reliable overall. It has over 100,000 miles and still runs well. Some repairs needed include replacing the front wheel bearings, replacing the part that holds the muffler, and replacing the serpentine belt several times. At one time, the check engine light went on and the dealer said it needed new oxygen sensors. I did not get them replaced and it still runs fine and no longer has a check engine light on. There is some rust developing on certain parts, especially the side panel under the gasoline door. This car is easy and comfortable to drive. It is fast enough when you need it and still gets good mileage.

z24 cavalier
By Jerry on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I've owned a z24 for 7 yrs. Bought it off lease with 50k and its been very reliable, cheap transportation. Never had anything but routine maintenance and minor stuff to do. I am actually surprised at how good this car has been as I didn't expect too much from a cavalier except economy. Everything about it is economical (repairs, mileage etc). Handling is good. Ok in winter but better get real good snow tires.

First Car
By DomF on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2010, meaning it was already 10 years old. It had about 88,000 miles on it. For a 10 year old car, it sure didn't seem like one. Maybe because it's my first car and I'm just in love with the idea of a car but I think it is the greatest. It is very easy and cheap to maintain and runs great. I am very satisfied with the interior and exterior. There really isn't anything I feel I would change about this car.

Never Again
By Never Again on 05/19/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased the car used but from a dealer with 43,000 miles on it. It is a 5 speed manual. I have now replaced the transmission 2 times and the thing is acting up again. I am a trained tractor-trailer driver and have had no problems with any of my truck transmissions. There seems to be a poor design and the parts used to build the hydraulic clutch are simply terrible (plastic). The thing has shaken, rattled, and rolled since I first bought it with little things like knobs falling off all the time. Although, I will say the engine has lasted, but I am sure it is going next. It just does not seem like the people at GM cared about craftsmanship or quality. Do not buy one, especially a stick.

Love my Cavalier
By jennybear on 03/31/10 11:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is my second cavalier. The first one I had was a 91 and Chevy had made major improvements by 2000. I bought my vehicle second hand at 30,000 miles, and have loved the drive ever since. She is good in the snow. (as good as you can get without 4 wheel drive) She is dependable. The only part that I have had to repeatedly replace is a chip in the dash for the heat. I have only had to replace this 2 times in 10 years so that is not bad. Plus it's a cheap part to replace, like 10 dollars. Otherwise a little cramped in the back seat, but as a driver comfortable seats, fun to drive, dependable, durable, and I think Ill try to keep it for another 10 years.

Great Car
By donnn on 02/11/10 15:13 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this car since the day I turned 16, and I've loved every minute with it. I drive over 60 miles a day, and this car has NEVER let me down in the least bit. I have not had to repair a single thing in the 60,000 miles that I've had it. Starts in the coldest weather, and goes through any kind of weather like a champ. Its great on gas, and I'm always getting compliments on how sharp looking it is. Treat this car well, and it will run forever.

Love My Chevy
By BiMi on 05/29/09 16:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2006 and have loved every minute. It is so reliable and the gas mileage is astounding. The dash and cracks around the vents and radio are discouraging. So much of the cosmetic parts of the car have broken off. My husband and I have driven from Florida to Philly, Philly to Virginia (4 times). It has done extremely well. My husband used to make fun of my "sissy car". his car broke down, but mine keeps on going and going. He stopped calling it my "sissy car". It is now "our car".

Good car for the price
By Jason on 05/21/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car cause I wanted a 5-speed car that was cheap on gas. I have had good success with GM vehicles. The car has plenty of power when needed, but enough low end power to pass without down shifting at highway speeds and to no have to rev it up just to get it going around town. There were issues I had to correct from previous owners attempts at repair. Things that are actually problems were the brake rotors that warp and turn signal stalk/cruise control/head light switch (multi function). Rotors are an easy fix as any aftermarket fix the issue, performance rotors and pads help with pedal feel though. Suspension is compliant and handles ok, but could use sway bars and strut towers.

2000 Cavalier
By TCRaven87 on 01/10/09 10:17 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

We bought the car at 45,000 miles and it now has 110,000 miles on it. Only thing major that needs replaced is the AC Compressor. I've made quite a few long drives with it and cant complain about the comfort. The dash near the windshield is cracked and the dash squeaks. The gas mileage also is not what a small cars should be. With City/Highway combined I can get 330 miles on a full tank. and recently I notice some electrical issues. Other than that I can say that it has not left me on the side of the road.

1 2 3 4 5 next »