2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Hate to think of ever replacing her
By Brian on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Cavalier 4dr stick- shift new in 2000. Just needed fuel efficient transportation and never expected to fall in love w/her. This car has done it all. I have pulled a small trailer with it since new and still only just replaced the clutch once at 109k miles. Consistently gets 36 mpg on interstate and 28-30 daily driving. I have had this car most people wouldn't take a 4wd truck. As for design and ride comfort, it's a cavalier not a mercedes. This car has 116k miles and I hope I get another 10 yrs out of her. I hope one day, when I finally have to let her go, that I can find another ride as great as this car.

an excellent car for first later drivers
By john brittain on 07/06/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

an ideal car for small family.all the features needed for an efficient vehicle and good engine performance. fold down rear seat for lots of storage space.disc radio with very good sound.rear door safety lock feature. strong body construction. manual locks and windows which i wanted to avoid costly electrical repairs(as on a pontiac ste which i had.)

Reliable
By Kevin on 09/09/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

We purchased our 2000 Cavalier in October of 1999. We have 123,000 miles on the car. We get 28 mpg average between city and highway. We have the 2.2 litre engine. The car is very easy to drive and still runs very well. We have had very little trouble out of it. It has been very reliable. No leaks of any kind, and everything works. Still looks good and I enjoy driving it every day. We paid $13,000 for it new and have had the car for nearly ten years. I have no plans to sell or trade my Cavalier. I have owned many different cars from many different manufacturers, but I have kept this one the longest and have found it to be the most reliable.

R.I.P.
By Stef B on 08/13/08 00:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

My Cavilier was the first car I ever owned and I loved it. It looked great, was comfortable, and was fun to drive. The only problems I ever had with it were your basic wear and tear fix ups, considering it did have a few miles on it when I bought it. Other then that it was a great car. I've read on the internet that Caviliers are considered "death traps" but I'd have to disagree. I was in a severe accident in mine and that car saved me and my friends who were with me when the wreck happened. I'd consider these cars to be very safe and reliable, great for a kid's first car. It would have lasted me a long time if my wreck hadn't happened.

2000 4 door Cavalier
By sher on 06/10/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. After 3 months the rods blew, the trunk broke, the dash has 6 cracks. Seats are very hard on back. Very noisy ride. Fan motor broke after 55,000 miles. Brakes squal even though they were fixed. CD player broke after 4 years old

our 2nd Cavalier
By tom decker on 03/10/06 06:03 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

Oil changes and tires have been the only maintenance to date for our Cavalier and for us, that equates to reliability.

Good inexpensive car
By linban on 06/15/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for a cheap economical commuter car. My uncle has owned 5 Chevy Cavaliers and recommended I buy this used one. His last one had 160,000 miles with no major mechanical issues and was still going strong. I have had no problems with mine. It had 73,000 miles on it when I bought it. I pushed it past 90 mph to see how it would handle, and it ran smooth. Granted there is alot of road noise and you feel like you are sitting close to the ground. But for a cheap little car, it is great.

Cavaliers are a great car
By kirby on 01/15/05 21:48 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

This is now my 6th Cavalier. No matter how you cut it they are reliable and low maintenance. In the past 18 months of owning the 2000 cavalier I have now, it has cost me less than $200.00 in total repairs(regular oil changes included). My only complaint is the suspension is a little weak. All Cavaliers have been known to hit hard over bumps leaving the comfort of driving being sacrificed. However if you can sacrifice the comfortable drive for a cheap, reliable, low maintenance, gas miser. Then a Cavalier is right for you.

Chev Cav 2000, aka, LEMON
By Pavel on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Chev Cavalier gave me problems right from the first 15,000 miles. In that time I had replaced all 4 Goodyear Tires..they all developed holes in the sidewall...my fault even though it had not happened to me in my 20 yrs of auto ownership. Goodyear would not prorate any tires. At 40K, the radio went out. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty, but I had to fight w/Robert Levis Chev in Slidell, La to get it fixed. While fixing the radio, they damaged the digital oddometer (they wouldn't admit it!). After this incident, I've had to repair the fuel pump, battery and alternator, and other stuff I'm forgetting. I'm buying a new car, thank God.

Sondra
By zoeydsngwrtr on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I am a return customer for the Cavalier. I find that for their class, they are pretty good, (in my mind they come in second to the Civic, it is just too much money for my budget). The car drives very well, and you get what you pay for plus some.