Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Chevy Z24 Convertible
By Marcella Carothers

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car new. It has always been very reliable. It is a sharp looking car with white striping and tinted windows. It is a lot of fun to drive and I always have envious compliments wherever I go. I have had several new cars in my life and this is the one I liked the most.

Favorite Features

Convertible, Automatic transmission. It has plenty of "get up and go". If I am first at a stop, I can take off before anyone else even gets going.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything.

very expensive to replace or repair
By sherrykkkee

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

Drivers window has never worked right. About 400 to replace motor which helped for short time... Back window coming loose, that is a 595.00 cost. I have a fungus growing in back seat due to water leaks. Door rubber was replaced before.... Not a good car for tall people. Have been repeatedly ripped off by dealership and other mechanics.... I only put the top down about 4-5 times a year.... If I touch drivers window button, it could take 2 days to get it back up.....

Favorite Features

radio

Suggested Improvements

While car was under warranty, they should have just replaced the whole window system...instead, they tols me it was this or that and it cost me, and it still doesn't work. i hate the car!!!!will never buy another one....

Great little car!
By Cheryl

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I have owned this car for 2 years (bought used) and have had no major problems. It handles very well even in the snow, and has a ton of spunk. The gas mileage is unbelievable, I get 28/city, 35hwy! Super fun to drive, nice tight steering and lots of acceleration, great sound system and convertible is perfect in the summer!

Favorite Features

gas mileage! Handles tight and smooth, sharp corners, easy maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Classier interior, a dash that doesn't crack at the heat vent, interior trunk button would be nice, but good car for the money

Fun little car
By outdoorsy24

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this in highschool. It was fun, looked cool for the year, got great gas mileage, and never gave me any issues.

Favorite Features

Peppy Engine Coupe Styling Alloy Wheels

Suggested Improvements

Tinted Windows

So what if it aint a 'Vette?
By John W

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

This is a fun little car to drive and own. It isn't refined like a Jaguar. It isn't a performance car like a Corvette. For the money, it makes no pretense about what it is; simply an enjoyable ride about town with the top down. Besides, if you want all those fancy features, open your wallet up a bit more and quit whining.

Favorite Features

My first convertible has wshown me the light. It breaks my heart that GM has removed its convertible offerings (except the Corvette of course)

Suggested Improvements

Like most of the public, I want all the performance, features, and stylings of an exotic car for the price of a six pack.