Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great little car
By Roger sharp

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

I purchased this cavalier convertible 6 months ago They rod bearing went out 2 months ago every body told me to replace them engine 2.4 oh dual cam But being a stubborn old man (80 years )old can do that myself it is then most complicated car I have ever worked on

Surprisingly Roomy for a 6'1", 400 pounder
By Tall Girl

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought mine brand new in 2000. It is bright red with tan cloth interior. It is the base car with no power anything except brakes & steering. Exactly what I wanted! 3 speed automatic transmission and a 2.2L 4 cyl engine. Plenty of pep when it was new, a cold a/c, a hot heater, and no blind spots to speak of. I was in love with my car. For the first 10 years the only thing I did to it besides oil changes was a few recalls under warranty, and new brake pads/shoes. At 11 years I bought new tires, a battery, and had a tune up done. At 12 years the a/c compressor had to be replaced and it cost $600 at a mechanics shop, then little things here and there. The rear defrost went out at 127,000 miles - but I live in Alabama, so I never replaced it. At 140,000 miles I had my original serpentine belt and hoses replaced and an inline fuel filter put on. It has never run hot, and I have never let it get below 1/4 of a tank. It doesn't use or leak oil, it shifts like it has a shift kit in it and has since brand new. 15 years later, it still runs like a top.

Great car!
By stevewl1164

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April 2009 and it had 118k, four door and three speed automatic. I paid $1100 for it. It had a new set of Michelins too! The dash near the windshield cracked and now has chunks missing. The original stereo/CD died. It uses no oil between changes. I replaced the radiator, the alternator, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. As of June 2014 it has 186k. I usually get 28 mpg in mixed driving, but sometimes get 30. I figured for $1100 if it lasted a year I could give it away and not be out anything. Five plus years later it is still going strong. Mine has the old OHV 2.2...never had an engine or transmission issue, nor check engine light. I may never get this lucky again.

Size, four door convenience, large trunk opening, large trunk and the fold down rear seat folds flat...rare. The storage between the seats in the console as well as the glove box is great. It is fun to drive and easy to see out of....no blind spots.

The interior plastics discolored and cracked with age. and the HVAC controls are blocked when you have drinks in cup holders. Pretty short gripe list.

Fun little car
By outdoorsy24

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this in highschool. It was fun, looked cool for the year, got great gas mileage, and never gave me any issues.

Peppy Engine Coupe Styling Alloy Wheels

Tinted Windows

Great little car!
By cakesa3

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I drive a 2000 cavalier which has taken my sister through High school, and is now taking me through college. It is a great little car! It has only given minor problems which u can expect from any car. When we got the car, it was abandoned by its current owner. It did not run and it needed a new transmission, but my uncle who is a mechanic saved its life. :) I don't like to see people bash this car-or American makes period. No, its not the most comfortable car. But if thats what your wanting, then your going to pay more. This is a simple car-to get you from point A to B. If your looking for something more luxurious, GM does make the Cadillac. Now there's 116,000 miles and still running strong!

n/a